Baby Ashton Part 4

(this doesnt go in the baby one shots cuz luke is big boy)

-

The day suddenly turns horrible when Luke loses Ashton at the park.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Luke smiled down at Ashton, who was contentedly staring up at the TV, watching his cartoons.

"Uke!" Ashton suddenly called out, pointing a chubby finger up. "Lu on telly!"

Luke looked up see a commercial on, where a guy with blonde hair was talking. "Silly boo, that's not me. He just has blonde hair like me."

"Ah-hee have hair too!" Ashton reached up and patted his curly hair. "Pat pat pat!" He chanted as he clicked his toes together.

Luke smiled and leaned down, pressing a kiss to Ashton's soft curls. "Yes he does, and it's super cute."

"Coo." Ashton giggled. "Lu is coo."

"Not as coo as Ashy." Luke dismissed. "Ashy is super coo."

"Super coo?" Ashton gasped. He rolled over onto his tummy. "Super Ah-hee!"

Luke laughed and scooped him up, booping Ashton's nose. "Hey Ash, wanna go to the park? We haven't been there all summer."

"Park! Yis yis yis!" Ashton babbled, playing with the collar of Luke's shirt.

Luke helped Ashton get his shoes on, and packed a small bag for Ashton. He slid the bag over his shoulder and held Ashton's hand as they started walking.

"Lu a-and Ah-hee, go park! Go p'ay, go see duckies!" Ashton rambled at they toddled along. "Lob duckies...and Uke. Uke lob Ah-hee too?" Ashton looked up at Luke with big hazel eyes.

Luke smiled. "Luke lobs his Ashy, so very berry much."

Ashton giggled and looked away. "Lu lobs berries."

They arrived at the park and Luke set the bag down on a sunny patch of grass. Ashton quickly dropped to all fours so he could crawl quickly to the pond, where some ducks were floating. "Lu! Duckies! Lu lookit!" He called, pointing to the ducks.

"I see them Ashy," Luke quickly ran up to him. "Careful boo, don't want you to fall in."

"Get wet." Ashton nodded seriously. "Duckies not like get wet."

"Yes." Luke took a seat besides Ashton and lay on his back, looking up at the sky. It was bright out and he wished he had brought his sunglasses.

He shielded his eyes from the sun as e stared at the clouds. He wondered what Calum and Michael were doing today.

It was Michael's day to have the Aviatior Soul, but Calum would most likely be at his house anyways.

He sent them a quick text, asking to hang out after he was done watching Ashton.

Speaking of, it was getting hot. Ashton should have something to drink before he got dehydrated.

Luke sat up. "Hey Ash, want some apple j...Ash? Ashton?" He didn't see the little baby anywhere and he quickly jumped up. "Ashton! Ashton!"

He spun 360 degrees, but didn't see him.

Filled with dread, he looked to the pond. The water was still, and the ducks were floating calmly, so he ruled out drowning.

He ran up to a lady who was reading a magazine. "Have you seen a little boy wandering around? Brown hair, pinchable cheeks, Teen Titans outfit?"

She shook her head and Luke felt like throwing up.

He ran back to their bag and searched through it, as if Ashton was hiding in it. He looked all around the park again, but there was no sign of Ashton.

He asked some more people, but they all said no.

Luke suddenly hated the word no.

"Ashton!" Luke called loudly. "Ashton baby, where are you?" He walked a few yards East, then back West, but still no sign of Ashton. He felt sick.

He collapsed on the ground and cried into his hands, ready to call 911.

"Excuse me." A voice said, tapping Luke shoulder. "Are you the one looking for that missing toddler?" A man asked.

Luke nodded feverently. "Have you seen him?" He scrubbed his eyes.

"Is that him there? Coming out of the woods?" The man pointed.

Luke followed his finger and gasped when he saw Ashton crawling out of the forest that was near the pond.

Luke scrambled up and ran to him. "Ashy!"

"Lu!" Ashton beamed happily. He waved his fist.

Luke picked Ashton up and hugged him so tightly Ashton squeaked.

"Ashton why were you in the woods? You can't just run off on me like that!" Luke scolded as he walked back to their bag.

"S-sowwy Uke." Ashton whimpered. He held out his hand, which was covered in smashed blue berries. His mouth was also tinted blue. "Got Lu berries."

Luke sighed and set Ashton down. He pulled out a cloth from the bag and started cleaning Ashton off. "Oh Ashy."

He handed Ashton a sippy cup of juice and Ashton leaned against Luke's side, sleepily drinking.

Luke's phone buzzed with a new text.

Michael: yeah sure, come over whenever

Luke: actually, I think im gunna stay with Ashton a little longer

Calum: y?

Luke: I've learned to appreciate the small stuff