Different Ending

dedicated to Sammit123

This is The Hybrid Story- Different Ending
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Previously

Ashton shivered in the cold of the night. His heart was hammering in his chest.

An agent pushed him against the white wooden fence. "Stay." He growled.

Luke was crying silently beside him.

"L-Lukey." Ashton whispered, tears rolling down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry. I love you."

Luke looked over at him. "I love you too. So much."

"Ready!" The leader shouted.

The agents clicked their weapons.

"Aim!"

They aimed the guns.

"Fire!"

Inside the house, Calum and Michael flinched at the sound of two guns firing in unison.....

-

Luke had squeezed his eyes shut when they said "Fire!" but when he hadn't felt the pain of a bullet, he shakily opened his eyes.

Ashton was holding a gun, which was pointed at the firing squad agent.

The agent looked down at his chest, where two dark red holes were getting bigger, staining his shirt crimson as the blood ran down.

He looked at Ashton, who had equally big eyes, and fell to the ground.

Luke was stunned.

Ashton was more stunned.

Right when Luke had told him he loved him, Ashton knew he couldn't let him die.

Luke had saved his life back in that alley, and Ashton would be damned if he didn't return the favor.

So when the agent had fumbled with gun, the hybrid had acted on pure adrenaline, and kicked the gun from the agents hands.

He instantly grabbed it from the ground and fired twice, hitting the agent both times with his own gun.

Luke looked at Ashton, shock clear on his face.

Ashton gave him a small smile, and suddenly Luke knew everything was going to be alright.

And then time started again.

"Hey!" The other agent shouted, aiming his gun at Ashton.

Luke gasped and jumped, shoving Ashton out of the way, just as the agent fired.

He hit the ground and screamed at the pain in his leg.

Ashton gasped. "Luke! You've been shot!"

"I'm fine." Luke said through gritted teeth. "Just go!"

But Ashton did the opposite. He turned and fired the gun as fast as he could, spraying the bullets around like he was using a hose.
The leader fell first, then the other agent. The first cop was struck and fell, but the other survived.

He stared at Ashton, his hand on his gun.

"Don't." Ashton growled, his ears bent back.

The cop dropped it and ran.

Ashton watched him go and dropped the gun, running to Luke's side.

"Baby! Oh my God, what do I do? Tell me what to do, I- I don't know-"

Luke shushed Ashton and smiled. "You can take some deep breaths for one. You're gunna pass out."

"Luke!"

Both hybrids looked up to see Calum and Michael running towards them.

"I can't believe you just did that!" Calum cried. "You just did that...."

"Please help me." Ashton sobbed, pressing his hands to Luke's leg. "It won't stop bleeding."

Mikey pressed his hands over Ashton's. "Calum, grab my phone and call 911!"

"But, aren't there officers here already?" Ashton asked through watery eyes.

"Are you kidding me?" Calum managed a shakey laugh. "They ran out as soon as their leader died. Hello? I need an ambulance immediately." He gave the address quickly.

"It will be here in about six minutes." He said, putting his hands over Mikey's after he hung up.

Ashton blinked back tears as he looked over at Luke, who had gone still.

"Lukey...."

He removed his hands and brought them to Luke's face, cupping his cheeks. "Luke..."

Luke didn't respond and Ashton's heart pounded. "Luke!"

He shook Luke's shoulders as tears streamed down his face. "Damn it Lucas! I did not just shoot all those people just for you to die on me!" He slapped Luke across the face angrily. "Now wake up dammit!"

Luke groaned and slowly blinked his eyes open. "Ow..."

"Sassy." Michael approved.

"The medics are here!" Calum gasped, looking over his shoulder. He and Mikey stood up, but Ashton stayed by Luke's side.

He walked with the people as they placed Luke on a stretcher and rolled him into the ambulance. Ashton climbed in too, holding Luke's hand.

"Wait, will they be okay? They're hybrids!" Calum suddenly realized.

"They'll be fine." An African American medic smiled, lifting up her hat. Two dog ears poked up. "We'll take them to a special hospital." (I just realized I've never read a book where the characters are something other than white like wtf)

Michael smiled back. "Thank you."

-

Luke woke up as bright lights flashed in his face.

He squinted his eyes and looked around.
"Hey Calum if you could just not, that'd be great." He blocked his face with his hands as Calum clicked a flashlight on and off in his face.

"Luke!" Ashton gasped, running and jumping on him. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too." Luke wrapped his arms around Ashton and pulled him closer.

The door opened then and Michael came in, followed by the dog hybrid from before. "Hello Luke, glad to see you're awake." She smiled.

"Guys, this is Bianca. She's a part of this whole secret hybrid operation thingy! Her and this whole hospital and hundreds of others have tons of secret buildings for hybrids, to protect them from the government and stuff. And she wants to know if you guys want to join the team." Michael said excitedly.

Luke and Ashton looked at each other.

Ashton laced his fingers with Luke's. "What do you wanna do baby?"

Luke purred. "We'll join."