Four

"When do you guys leave for the honeymoon?" I hear Isla ask her sister as the three of us endure the final touches of our makeup. The ceremony is less than an hour away, and the current running through the room is more electric than ever.

"We leave tomorrow evening. I begged Daniel to book the flight for tonight after the reception but he insisted we sleep in. Said I would thank him for it when I woke up hungover tomorrow morning," Myra laughs as the makeup artist coats her eyelashes.

"I can't believe you're leaving me alone at work for a whole week," I joke from the chair on the end.

"I'm sorry, Jo. I'll make sure to have a margarita or two just for you," she teases as we all giggle.

Daniel and Myra are honeymooning in Mexico. White sand, warm rays and a tequila diet sounds like heaven right about now. Actually, anywhere other than New York City would be a dream since I haven't been able to leave here since last Christmas.

Before long, makeup and hair is complete and the three of us are ushered into our dresses. Isla and I help each other while Myra gets ready in a separate room, wanting to surprise us with the final look.

It wasn't hard to like the dresses my best friend had picked out for the two of us. At first, I was a little nervous just because Isla would look good in a plain paper sack regardless, but the dark red velvet gowns that seem to hug both of our curves in a delicious way is giving me all the confidence I need right about now. That, and the fact that there are two thin straps and a swooping neckline instead of your typical strapless look going on, means I won't be self conscious about my dress wanting to fall down all night.

"Alright you guys.. are you ready to see the bride?" Myra's mom asks as she whisks into the room, dressed to the nines as always. Her eyes are gleaming and it looks like she's just had a mini cry sesh with her daughter. As to be expected.

Without further a due, the door to the room opens further and in walks Myra; like an angel gliding towards us. My jaw nearly hits the floor and I hear Isla gasp beside me. Myra looks amazing. Her dress is a mermaid fit, tight in all the right places. It's strapless, giving her a decent amount of cleavage and the train is literally to die for. Add in the veil that's nearly to the back of her thighs and the large bouquet of roses in her hands, she looks like she was what weddings were made for.

Even though I was there with her when she picked it out, it's like I'm seeing her for the first time. If Daniel had any doubts, whatsoever, about marrying her; they'll be gone as soon as she steps onto the alter.

"Are you kidding me?" Isla whines with her hands held out in front of her. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

All four of us laugh, nearly on the verge of crying but trying desperately not to ruin the hours of work put in.

"So what do you think? I look okay?" Myra smiles as she bites her lip.

"YES!" We all shout in unison and laughter fills the room.

Within minutes, we'll be called to get started. But first, we all toast our flutes of champagne to settle the nerves and get ourselves ready.

The walk from the dressing rooms to the hotel garden is short, which my heeled-clad feet are thanking me for. Myra insisted that her and Daniel get married at the Westgate Hotel here in the city. It's five-star and perfect for the occasion. The lot that it sits on is easily over an acre, giving it an 'out of the city' vibe, although at night you can clearly see the city lights in the distance.

In the back, there's a garden that looks like something out of a fairytale that's rented out almost every weekend all summer long for occasions like these. Lucious greenery and gorgeous flower beds that nearly take your breath away cover the grounds and there's even a small waterfall in one corner next to a large patio area with a bar where the reception will be held outdoors.