Thirty two

It's been three days since Hero left to go back home. Three days of mundane activity: wake up, rush to work, wait for my shift to be over and come home to an empty apartment. Time is moving way too slow.

He kept his promise. Calling me when he'd landed and even face timed the view on his way home. It's beautiful there, maybe I should have gone too. No. He's coming back. He'll be here before I even know it.

It's a little after nine when I get home after work tonight. I only worked a single so I'm somewhat alive as I climb the stairs to the third floor. I begin digging my keys out of my crossbody purse while trudging up the stairs and when I round the corner, I'm startled to see a small box sitting right outside my door.

I ordered something the day after Hero left. It's finally arrived.

I scoop the box from the ground and my keys jiggle against the doorframe as I begin to unlock it. My heart rate picking up a bit. Once inside, I securely lock the deadbolt and turn on the light in the kitchen, illuminating the small space. I place the box addressed to me on the center of the island and hover over it for a second, chewing on my bottom lip.

After a few moments, I pull open the silverware drawer and grab hold of a butter knife and begin to make work of the tape holding the flaps together. Within seconds, I'm holding my newly acquired vibrator.

So what?

A girl can't have a few things for herself?

As I take it out of the packaging, holding it in my hand, I feel my cheeks start to blush.

On one hand, my subconscious is telling me this is ridiculous. That even though I bought such a thing online and didn't actually go into one of those sleazy sex shop places on some corner, this is just as humiliating. On the other, it's trying to tell me it's all in the name of fun.

I'll be honest; nothing comes close to Hero's.. expertise. When it comes to sex, that man knows how to please a woman. After spending countless times at his mercy, I needed something to please me while he's gone. I tried to get myself off the night he left. Newsflash: It didn't work. I guess I had become so accustomed to his body that my own fingers just don't make the cut anymore. Hence, why I searched the Internet the next morning for something to do the trick.

At least until he returns.

I've had a hell of a last few days and I could use some much needed sleep. Pushing all the doubt away in my mind, I remove my coat, toss it on the couch and carry my new friend down the hall to my bedroom. It's dark in here and I keep it that way as I begin to undress and toss my clothes into a pile next to the bed.

This is normal. Lots of women have these things. Just think..

As soon as I'm naked, I crawl into bed and steady myself with a deep breath. No use in reading the directions; the thing has only a few buttons. On, off, more power, less.

I lay my head onto my pillow and reach over to grab ahold of the bright pink toy. It's not all that big, which makes me less nervous. In the pale moonlight coming through the window overhead, I turn it on.

A dull vibrating sound fills the air around me and my stomach jolts at what I'm about to do. One week with Hero and it seems I've become addicted to sex. I'm salivating at the thought of getting off since he left.

Hesitantly, I lower the hand which has the vibrator lower and lower, brushing it over my stomach and hip bones, the vibrations leaving butterflies in my stomach as time goes on. My eyes flutter closed and I make the decision to part my legs, my heels on the bed below me, my knees in the air, and inch closer to where I need it most.