Eighty four

It's mid morning when we end up at Hero's family estate.

We drank coffee and ordered in breakfast with his friends at Will's house.  Well... those that ended up there last night. Dez was missing. The boys joked that they were going to raid the RedRoom for him. My bet? He went home with Cherry.

"Hello?" A woman's voice comes from the hallway and I grab onto Hero's wrinkled shirt next to me. Giggling at his attempt to be stealthy.

"Hi Mum," he smiles and closes the door even though he can't see her. I swat his chest, not wanting to feel like a bad influence on her youngest.. most handsome son.

"Oh hi, dear," she comes into view. "You just getting in?" She smiles at us and we return the sentiment. Standing most awkwardly in front of the massive front doors.

"Yeah.." he trails off, running a hand through his messy chocolate brown hair while gripping my waist. 
"We stayed in the city last night."

"Oh!" She smiles brightly. "Okay.. well.. would you two care to join for me for lunch?"

I don't miss the vibrate In the pocket of Hero's jeans which my phone is currently tucked in. Seeing as how I don't exactly have pockets.

"Sure.."

I know he feels the second wave of messages comes though against his thigh. Hero looks down at me with furrowed brows and I force a smile and try to stealthily remove my phone from his jeans.

Myra's name pops up on my messages.  Not concerning since I've Halfway kept in touch with her since Hero swept me away to London five days ago.

"I'll ask Lady Faye to make her fish and chips," I hear his mom say as I skim over my messages.

Suddenly, my pulse starts beating and I'm suddenly completely sober.

"Umm.." I mumble. Not bothering to look up as I scroll. "Can you please excuse me?"

I don't bother waiting for Hero or his mom to reply. I just book it up the stairs, my eyes glued to My's messages from the last 24 hours.

Myra: Marvin is on staff for the third night in a row tonight

Myra: he's asking where you are. I can't keep lying.

Myra: jo.. everyone keeps asking why you're not here. Idk what to keep saying. They think somethings wrong.

Myra: CALL ME BACK. THE COPS ARE AT WORK. ASKING ABOUT YOU. MARVINS TALKING TO THEM!!!

Myra: okay fine. You don't wanna answer my texts or calls?  How about this? YOUR PARENTS ARE IN TOWN.