Eighty

Bass from the belly of the club beats through my body, the hint of smoke tinges the inside of my nose as I follow Hero and the rest of the group through the solid black doors of the strip club. His hand wraps around mine as he takes long, measured steps through the dimly lit hallway, dark red velvet covering the length of the walls.

The bouncer seemed to know Dez and Arlow well. Seeing as how they're the single ones of the group, I'm not really surprised. What did surprise me, however, was that he also led me to believe he knew Will and Maci on a first name basis too. Maybe they frequent this place a lot? Is that something couples do?

My mind is brought back to the present as long, thick curtains open in front of us, Dez leading the group. I'm sure my heels click down the few tile stairs that lead us into the main room but I can't hear them above the deep pulsating music and buzz of my very own nerves. A den of sorts, with tables in various places and a stage front and center, complete with two poles only a few feet apart.

The lighting is not much brighter in here. Sultry red glows from every corner of the room, giving way to tendrils of smoke floating throughout the air. The place isn't packed, but it isn't bare either. I swallow thickly as I zero in on a woman, not much older than me, as she hangs upside down on one side of the stage, her long, brunette hair like waves that almost hit the floor beneath her. She's wearing a black thong that leaves little to the imagination and rhinestones cover her bare chest. I watch in awe as her toned legs wrap themselves around the pole, twisted in a way that makes it possible for her to stay in one place, her flat but defined stomach on display for the men watching below. She's breathtakingly gorgeous, and she knows it too. She licks her lips as she begins to slide down the pole, her heels as high as the heavens, softly touch the ground.

My gaze is broken by the sight of a short, petite girl sashaying towards us. Her siren red hair in a high pony, making it so her cheekbones are the first thing you see. She's young. My guess would be twenty. She's dressed in a matching red lace set of lingerie. A seductive smile on her lips.

"Hi, sweetheart," I hear Dez say to her as she comes near. I don't miss the blush that creeps onto her face.

"Back so soon to see me?" She says as she takes the collar of his shirt and starts leading him towards a chair.

"I brought friends," his voice fades a bit as he begins to follow her. As if his feet are moving on their own. "How about a section for the six of us?"

She winks over her shoulder at him and he looks back at us with a throw of his head. Just as I begin walking, I feel Hero's hand slide to my lower back. His chest nearly touching me from behind. I take a quick glance up at him from beneath my lashes and find that his eyes are solely on me. The shadows from the light make his jaw seem even harder, but I don't miss that certain spark in his eye.

We've never done anything like this before. I'm basically living on the edge. Which right now, doesn't seem like a bad place to be. I've got enough alcohol in my system that my inhibitions are lowered, my mind void of any negative thoughts. I love when he's in these moments with me. When the heat between us is almost too dense. We're in a club, full of half naked women, but his attention is on me.

The six of us make our way to one of the corners, a large leather wrap around booth with a small table in the center. Partially hidden in darkness and glowing red light. As soon as we've all spread out among the space, a girl in a white satin robe comes over, bearing a bottle of vodka and a bucket of ice. I don't miss the way Maci leans into Will, whispering something in his ear, or the way his lips pick up a little on the side as he studies her with a heavy gaze. Almost immediately there's a drink my hand.

"Different than you expected?" Hero's breath drifts over my neck as he speaks into my ear. I feel a rush of heat flood my body in return.

Wordlessly, I nod up at him, which causes him to smirk and bring a glass of the clear liquid to his full and pouty lips. I follow just the same.