Twenty nine

Hero

I wake to darkness still surrounding the bedroom, dim city lights reflecting off the walls through Jo's bedroom window.

My phone said it's 5:30 am, and I'm seriously wondering how the hell I'm awake right now after the amount of time we spent in between her sheets last night.

Good god, she's a siren. I can't seem to get enough.

There's a certain innocence about her all the same. I've never been all that explorative in the bedroom.. or in foreplay I suppose. Relying on the sheer act of sex alone to be satisfying enough for both me and whatever girlfriend I had at the time. But with her? I want to try new things. Desperate for that look on her face that can't decide if she should give in and let her body take what it needs from me or give it a second thought.

All I know is, I'm completely infatuated with all things Josephine. Inside and out. Her mind, her body.. still working on her soul. I've been here for just over a week, and yet I feel like this is exactly where I should be.

As I lay on my back, her naked body nestled up to mine, I stare up at the ceiling and my mind is busy. Last night, after she had fallen asleep, I received an email from my boss back home. Letting me know he's got a new client and I'd be perfect for the job.

I have to leave New York soon. And it's killing me to think about.

Maybe I can convince her to come with me. Just pick up and go. But then I think to how she gets this glimmer in her eye when she talks about her job and all the good she feels she's accomplishing by working so closely with the patients. She'd never agree without a fight.

I suppose she doesn't have to be the one to move. I could always start looking to relocate to the states if I knew this was a sure thing. It's early, no doubt, but what else do I have back in London anyway? Besides a good job that pays decently enough and my family who's all independent in their own ways.

Fuck. Why did my internal alarm clock have to work this early right now? I'm going to be dog tired when the sun comes up and I promised Jo we'd spend the day together since she doesn't have to work.

Who am I kidding? I'd never sleep again if I could spend the rest of my nights the way we did together last night. Who knew packaged fruit could be useful in the act?

I feel Josephine stir beside me, her hand brushing over my lower abs as she curls in tighter. A small sigh leaving her mouth in her sleep. She's content in my arms and that makes me happy.

"Hero.." she whispers and wraps her smooth leg around my body and my hand finds her skin.

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing up so early? It's still dark," she says quietly. Concerned almost.

"I heard your neighbor walking around upstairs," I lie as my fingers brush back and forth over her leg that's resting on me. Although, I'm not so sure said neighbor doesn't do one hundred jumping jacks before getting ready for the day. Something I had the pleasure of hearing when I stayed here the other night.

"Go back to sleep, babe," I whisper and kiss the top of her head. She groans in appreciation.

"Not before you tell me what's on your mind," she says as her fingertips brush over my jaw. She's starting up at me now. "You look like you're deep in thought."

Even in the darkness that surrounds us, she can tell. Of course she can. It's crazy how in tune we seem to be.

"I was thinking of how fucking perfect you looked underneath me last night," I say with a grin and look at her from the corner of my eye. The imagine in my mind stays there, I'll admit. A fire seems to spark inside my groin at the thought.