Seventy four

Hero

Four hours earlier

For England, the sun outside is shining brightly when I wake up this morning. From behind the glass of the large bedroom windows, I can hear the faint sounds of birds chirping wildly, alerting the start of a new day.

After our fun in my family's pool house last night, Josephine and I snuck back into the house, careful to avoid anyone wrapped in only white towels, damp clothes in hand. Something I hadn't done in ages; sneak into my parents house undetected.

Once back to our room, I pulled Josephine into the bathroom as I ran us both a shower. Somehow persuading her to let me inside her tight little body one more time, going against her bogus rule of not fucking underneath this very roof. Once my cock was in her for the second time in thirty minutes, with the scalding hot water running down our backs, I don't think she had the voice to protest. She wanted everything I had to give her and more.

And as I lie here in my childhood bed, the white silky sheets bunched up around my waist and her head of blonde hair draped across my arm holding her close, I have time to think about everything I can't make leave my brain.

Her. Us. What it means being here. I noticed a shift when she mentioned that my sister let her in on my little secret. Not really a secret per se, but the fact that I've never introduced anyone I've been intimate with to my family. Especially not in their home. Sure, my friends have met girlfriends of my past. Hell, some of them even took to sleeping with my last serious relationship.. right before I met my perfect girl. But family? That's a whole different ball game. That's what brings whole new feelings to light.

I knew no matter what, my family would welcome Josephine with open arms. My parents have always been that way with anyone in my life. And from the twinkle in my moms eyes when she introduced Jo to my sister, Piper last night, I'd say she's more than open to the idea of adding one more to the Tiffin name. And truthfully, I want to give her that as much as I want to give it to myself.

Careful not to wake Jo, I slowly extract my arm from underneath her head. Stopping when she starts to sigh and raise her arms above her head. I know she's tired. We've literally traveled across the world in the last two days. Where I'm more accustomed to having been on flights from here to New York and then back again, Josephine's not. So sleep is something she needs right now.

Once she's settled again, I slip the rest of the way out of bed until my feet hit the polished hardwood floor. I spot a clean black t shirt and some joggers draped over the back of the arm chair in the corner of the room, and as quietly as I can, make my way to them. Looking over my shoulder to make sure she's still asleep, I quickly dress and ruffle my hair with my fingers before slipping out of the room and gently closing the door behind me.

Once in the hallway, the sun illuminates the entirety of the house from top to bottom, coming from the floor to ceiling windows just below the second floor balcony. It feels nostalgic being home. I haven't slept here in years. When I was eighteen and graduated school, I moved out and into the dorm at the university here and all my belongings came with me. But this morning, it just feels right.

From the outside looking in, this house might look like a castle built inside a fairytale. One cold and empty behind closed doors. But that's never been the case. My parents come from money. Their parents came from more. But in reality, that's never been the most important thing. Despite its size, this house has always been a home.

The sound of high heels clicking on down the lower level hallway has my mind brought back to the present. My mother. Always dressed up. For businesses meetings even over the phone. She's getting an early start, not that it should surprise me, she takes her job as seriously as my father.