Sixty one

To say the other night went better than expected is understatement of the year. After I dropped the bomb on Hero about Marvin basically asking me out for drinks, I was certain that he would have a coronary. Instead, he was totally calm about the whole thing and amazing all the same. Just another reason why he is indeed, the best boyfriend ever.

And here we are, the National day of love. One celebrated yearly by those both in and out of it. Ways of celebrating? All over the map.

I worked the early shift today. Starting before the sun even rose. But ended up getting off earlier this afternoon. It's now a little before 6pm and despite Hero's complaints, we are stopping by my holiday work party.

He wasn't all too pleased; I think you can guess as to why. But after I told him that we would be dealing with an unleashed pregnant Myra if we at least didn't make an appearance, he finally gave in.

Every year, the get together is held at a little bar and grill on the upper east side. A little place called 'Neon Blue'. I will say, they serve one hell of a cosmo which I can't wait to have a few of tonight.

I'm just finishing putting lotion on my legs when Hero comes into the bedroom. Adjusting his light grey button up at the wrists. He looks mouthwatering, paired with dark wash jeans and loafers. His hair slicked back from his forehead and the hint of his chain peering from the collar around his neck.

"Babe.." he says as he enters the room, head down, focused on his task. As soon as he lifts his head, he stops in his tracks, his eyes raking over my body from across the room.

"Wow.." he looks me from head to toe. Subconsciously licking his bottom lip in what I hope is appreciation.

"Too much?" I ask. Suddenly nervous under his watchful eye. I cross my arms across my waist as I shift my weight from one leg to the other.

"You look fucking incredible," he gives me a wicked smirk as he slowly starts coming towards me. I feel my cheeks heat instantly at the look on his face. Lust pouring out of him with every step he takes.

I will admit, this is a little more bold than what I would normally wear to this specific outing. Blame it on the fact that I'm happily in love. Tonight, I decided to put the deep burgundy slip-like dress that's been collecting dust in my closet on. It has thin straps and a semi-revealing square neckline. The dress hits me mid thigh, which will leave my legs mostly bare and exposed to the chilly winter air, but since we'll be inside, I think it'll be alright.

Just minutes before, I managed to slip on a chunky black velvet heel, nearly working up a sweat from having to bend down at such an awkward angle to do so. But with how Hero is practically salivating at the sight of me right now, I'd say my struggle was worth it.

"Mmm.." he groans as he stands in front of me, grabs me on both sides of my waist and pulls me towards him the rest of the way. All the while, biting down on his lip and making me practically melt on impact. "What time does this thing start?" He asks as he grinds his hips oh so subtly into me, making my skin flush upon contact.

"Any minute now.." I breath out. Looking up into his eyes. My hair, curled in loose waves hangs down my back and tickles my bare shoulders. "Don't get any ideas," I manage to say, placing my palms on his chest in order to give us some room. His jaw ticks ever so slightly. "I just got dressed." My final attempt at stopping this.

"And I want to rip it the fuck off," he says in a low voice before he dips down and kisses my neck.

Oh god, so do I.

"Later," I manage to pull from his embrace, stepping around him with a smirk and heading towards the door. I shoot him a wink over my shoulder and watch as his lip quirks in a playful grin.