Eighty three

Before I can even open my eyes, I feel that my head is pounding. That, and the body heat radiating against me from my side.

I hear indistinct shuffling coming from a few feet away. Bare feet hitting the floor beneath them and the sound of keys jingling ever so slightly.

As quiet as I can, I peak one eye open, looking around quickly at where I am. This place looks familiar with its hardwood floors and golden accents dripping from the elevated ceilings. Across the room, a large island stands in the middle of the kitchen, littered with bottles of alcohol and used glasses. Will's apartment. I guess we crashed here.

"Bye, sweetheart. Get home safe," I hear a quiet male voice just off the main room before the front door opens and closes right after.

I turn to look behind me and see Hero still asleep on the couch. His black dress shirt from last night untucked and half the buttons undone. His feet bare and his legs intertwined with mine where we lie. His hair is disheveled and his mouth is partly open. Completely still knocked out.

As soon as I hear him, I see Will enter the kitchen, a pair of joggers hanging low on his hips. His hair is a mess and his torso is bare, his back to me as he fills a glass of water from the fridge and chugs it down in one go. After setting it down with a 'clink' on the marble countertop, he runs a hand through his hair and breaths deeply through his nose.

Turning, he begins the process of cleaning up his messy kitchen, glancing our way as he screws the lid back onto a bottle of half drank vodka.

"Morning," he smirks my way, his voice quiet but loud enough for me to hear. He continues stacking cups and shot glasses together, setting them beside the sink.

"Morning," I give him a weak smile and do my best to untangle myself from Hero's limbs without waking him. Righting my dress as I finally stand in shaky feet. There's a blanket that was partially covering us and another one on the floor. With the light from the early morning shining through, I feel more exposed then comfortable with in the dress I wore last night and wrap myself in the plush cashmere one from the ground.

"Water?" Will asks without looking at me as I slowly make my way towards the kitchen island. I nod and he begins to poor me a glass.

"Thanks," I say while taking it. Holding it with both hands and sipping the cool water from the tall crystal glass.

"Last night was fun, yeah?" He breaks the silence again with a chuckle and the shake of his head. "I have a feeling Maci will be passed out until noon."

We share a light laugh and I continue to sip from the glass. The coolness coating my scratchy throat. There's a reason I don't drink this much, this morning reminding me tenfold.

"I hope we didn't scare you off already," Will stops what he's doing and levels me with a look. His arms on either side of his body as he leans his weight down on them against the counter. His remark taking me off guard.

"Oh..no," I shake my head and give him a small smile. "Last night was fun. I really enjoyed it."

"I'm sure Hero's mentioned how long we've both known each other. He's one of my best mates."

All I can do is nod and look over my shoulder at the man still on the couch. He hasn't seemed to have moved an inch.

"I don't know what all he's told you about his past relationship.." Will's voice trails off and I look at him again. "She fucked him up. Pretty god damn royally. I didn't know if he'd ever want to date again."

I feel myself swallow and my throat become tight. Being reminded of his most recent relationship. He hasn't told me a lot, just the gist of what happened, and I haven't exactly wanted to know more. Weirdly enough, we had somewhat of the same situation happen to the both of us. Finding refuge in one another now.

"I won't let anything happen to him," I say quietly as I look Will in the eyes. Noticing how his soften at my words ever so slightly.

"I know you won't," he taps his fingers on the counter and rises to his full height. Giving me a warm smile all the same. "He's very lucky to have you."

Before I can respond, I hear the rustling of Hero beginning to wake and I clear my throat as Will once again turns his back to me. Still cleaning from the night before.

"Good morning," Hero says into the top of my head before placing a soft kiss there as well. I feel myself melt into his body behind me.

"Morning," I look up at him through my lashes and smile as I take him all in. His eyes are sleepy, but they sparkle in the bright morning light. I close mine as he places a single kiss on my forehead.

I would never hurt this man. And he would never hurt me.