Forty seven

"For you, Sir," I giggle as I offer Hero a beer. Maneuvering my way back into the hot tub underneath the twinkling lights above.

We had such a fun day. After he did exactly what I asked of him early this morning.. (we didn't leave the bedroom until almost 9:30am), we got ready and went into town. Mostly window shopping, exploring all Key West had to offer as the tourists we were, before setting off for an unforgettable lunch which was held on the water. It was magical to say the least.

We went on a boat tour around the Keys. Basking in the warm, fresh air, surrounded by crystal clear water as far as the eye could see. Tonight, Hero surprised me with a wine tour. And I'm tipsy now for the second time in two days. Who am I? And what have I done with the real Jo?

"Thanks," Hero smiles as I re-acclimate to the scolding hot water of the hot tub. My body relaxing the deeper I sink down. The soft sound of Khalid plays in the background from the Bluetooth speaker he made sure to pack. Our last night in Florida already magical the more time goes on.

This morning, I was told by Hero himself that he loved me. Loved... me. The words I'd been dying to say but didn't want to be first. Our relationship has shifted and I have this giddy feeling twisting around In my stomach at what this all means for our relationship right now.

I've told one other man those same three words. And things didn't end well. But as much as I want to pump the brakes and tell my brain and mostly my heart to slow the hell down and think for a second, I just can't. Because in the moment, it felt right to accept them and say them back. And that feeling hasn't left me all day long.

No, it's not because we're far away from home and I'm blinded by sunshine and warm sand. That would be a cop out. This feeling. This love, has been brewing ever since we spent our first night together. And I'd be a fool to believe otherwise.

"Uh oh.." Hero smirks as he takes a drink, eyeing me from across the tub. "You've got that look."

"What look?" I innocently ask. Pooling bubbles into my chest as I look at him through my lashes.

He studies me for a second. Only the sound of music and the hum of the hot tub jets around us. "You're thinking about something.." he begins to say and laugh escapes my mouth. "And you get this look in your eyes that makes me want to ask what it is but be also somewhat scared of the answer." He finishes.

"You're scared of me?" I challenge.

"You have no idea.."

"Ah," I slap a wet hand over my chest dramatically. "That hurts."

In return, Hero laughs into another drink and watches as I do the same. I like this dynamic about us. Able to play with each other but know that the heat is always there. I've never felt more comfortable with a boyfriend in all my life. With him, the back and forth is easy. Like a second skin I'm entirely too comfortable in.

Setting my drink on the ledge, I push off my seat in the tub and wade through the hot water towards him. All the while, his eyes never leave mine. The closer I get, the more I take in of him. The way the lights above us make his green eyes shine like an emerald in the dark. The sweat that's appeared on his brow the longer we sit in here. I'm addicted to all of him. Mind, body and soul.

"You scared right now?" I ask, my voice dropping an octave. Coming out seductive and sensual.

"Terrified," He says as he grips my hips and helps me settle on top of his lap.

"Why?" I find myself almost whispering, running my fingers through his damp hair, watching the dark locks fall back along the top of his head, giving me a good look at his face as he looks up at me.