The Meeting

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

Laying on my bed in my new room, I stare at the ceiling still trying to process what happened to me a few days ago. Ever since my horrible parents decided to sell me to a demon, my life has changed drastically. At first, I was horrified, not knowing what would happen to me but I've been treated surprisingly well. The demon who I was sold to, Sullivan, has taken me in as his grandson. He's been spoiling me, giving me whatever I asked for, treating me much better than my parents ever did. The only problem is that in a couple of days, I start school here in the Netherworld. A school filled with demons who will eat me if they find out I'm a human! I'm so scared! On top of that, Sullivan, or should I say Grandpa (he asked me to call him that) is having a guest over today, most likely a scary demon who might eat me!

I must not let them learn I'm human...I must not let them learn I'm human...I must not let them learn I'm human...my life depends on it!

"Irumaaaaa....! Come down here and meet our guests!" I hear Grandpa's voice shout up the stairs.

"Coming, Grandpa!" I yell back.

Did he just say 'guests', not 'guest'? So, there's more than one!? Now I'm even more scared!

I hesitantly roll off of my oversized bed and walk out of my room. As I make my way down the stairs, I notice two new faces looking at me. One of a man with black hair, with streaks of red and gold, and strange eyes, ones where the whites are instead black. His sharp stare unnerves me.

He's really scary! I need to be careful around him!

Next to the scary man is a cute little girl with light blue hair and large golden eyes, she looks up at me with curiosity. The fact that the other guest is just a child calms my nerves a bit. One less scary person to deal with! The only problem is that she probably came with that scary, black-eyed man.

Is he her father or something? I 'll need to be careful around the child too, so I don't upset him.

"Iruma, please introduce yourself to these people," Grandpa says.

Still feeling terrified, I address the man first.

"H-hello. My...um...name is Iruma Suzuki. N-nice to meet you." I say nervously.

The child makes a small expression of surprise when I mention my name for some reason.

"Greetings, Iruma Suzuki, my name is Diablo. I am an old friend of your Grandfather's. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." says the man named Diablo.

Feeling a little better since this Diablo person doesn't seem to notice I'm human, I turn to the child at his side and kneel down to her level.

"Hi there, kiddo! My name's Iruma, what's yours?" I ask cheerfully.

I notice a hint of irritation on her face for a moment before she smiles at me warmly.

"Hello there, Iruma. My name is Rimuru Tempest, but just call me Rimuru. It is a pleasure to meet you." She says with a maturity that doesn't match her young face. She places one of her small hands on my shoulder and leans in closer to my face, now inches away. "Now tell me, boy, what is a human like you doing in a place like this?" Rimuru whispers in a calm, serious tone, her golden eyes boring deep into my own.