Mommy Issues

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

The woman standing in front of me is familiar, appearing to be modeled after Shizu even more closely than myself, being tall and fully feminine; although her hair and eyes are a vibrant dark blue instead of black. Despite her visual similarity to that kind and gentle soul of years past, this woman looks down on me with an emotionless gaze.

Covering her body is a pitch black cheongsam and a pair of matching silk gloves, embroidered with interweaving silver linings and translucent white gems. Complimenting the dark background, a single bright red crystal is embedded within a necklace, and a trio of silver rings encrusted with tiny light blue jewels adorns her right glove.

Ciel, is this you?

"It is indeed I, Master." the woman responds with Ciel's usual monotonous voice. "I am attempting to fit the role of your and Iruma's mother, and thus have decided to make small alterations to your form. I would usually have asked beforehand, but as I wanted to surprise Master, I decided to act on my own. Please forgive me for doing so."

Part of me is confused since I have no clue how she managed to sneak a Parallel Existence body out of me without noticing, but this is Ciel we're talking about, so I suppose it's possible. I did give her permission to use my skills for some unknown experiment earlier and I think this is what she must've been using them for.

"I don't think that's anything you need to ask forgiveness for." I try to ease her worries. As usual, she tends to get overly sensitive at just the thought of somehow upsetting me. I take a closer look at her form and I gotta say... How are those small changes? I mean, those sure aren't small...

For one; she's a good deal taller than me, even in my adult form, and Ciel has taken the liberty of making some more drastic alterations. I get the impression that she was going for something I'd find particularly attractive since she does consider herself my wife; that sounds like something she'd do, to be honest.

"Still, even though I don't mind you playing the role, are you sure this is fine? I know we haven't even asked Velzard yet but don't you think that, should she agree, she'd fit the part well?"

"Velzard?" I hear Iruma ask in confusion.

"Ah, she's the eldest sister of Veldora and myself. I had initially intended for one of my subordinates to play the part of our mother but... I worry that someone who serves me would have a hard time acting like an authority figure."

"I understand your concerns, Master, but given the fictional concoction you've supplied to Balam, I believe that a protective mother who at times likes to spoil her children wouldn't be too unrealistic."

She's got a point there. If we go by that story I told, Amane watched her daughter deal with inhumane training for years, and after she finally had enough and fled those circumstances, her beloved daughter ran back into the fray of violence. She thought she'd never see her again, only for said daughter to return home traumatized from what she had experienced.