Banquet Banter

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

Rimuru and I spent a bit more time enjoying the festival, but after a while, Rimuru said there was a banquet that she needed to attend. But first, we had to stop to get put in some appropriate clothes for the event.

Grandpa and Opera were invited to get some outfits with us too, but Grandpa said he was already prepared clothing-wise, and Opera didn't plan on wearing anything different other than his normal butler uniform.

We ended up first getting fitted with new uniforms to wear at Babyls, though! Mine is pretty similar to what I'm used to, but with shorter sleeves and made of a different material. I'm not quite sure what it is, but it looks high-quality.

Rimuru also got a new outfit to use at school, which looks somewhat modeled after her Student Council Uniform, based on the colors, but with sleeker pants and a shorter collar.

After that, Shuna finally dressed us in stuff we're gonna wear to this banquet thing, which ended up being a simple white shirt, with a black tuxedo on top and a red bow tie to complete the look. Rimuru was given a thick-looking jacket similar to the clothes she wore when she went to Walpurgis, with some kind of animal fur around the ends of the sleeves and the neck of the jacket, and she also is being made to wear an embroidered cape.

I feel a bit stiff in this suit, but it doesn't bother me too much. If anything, Rimuru has it much worse when it comes to the fanciness of her clothing.

Once Shuna is done with us, we leave right away since Rimuru says we don't have much time before the banquet starts.

"Don't worry too much about this, it's gonna be pretty casual, just like last time. There'll be more people that I know personally there, but it'll go pretty similar, I expect."

"So you're going to get so drunk that you pass out again?" I tease.

"I didn't pass out from getting drunk! I passed out while drunk!"

Rimuru shakes her head a little and calms down from her fluster.

"Anyway, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I probably will be introducing you to some people you haven't met yet, but as long as you maintain your manners, they won't get offended by the small stuff. I know how hard etiquette can be when it comes to royalty and such, but these are people I know very well."

After Rimuru's reassurance, we head directly to where the banquet is taking place.

This event is definitely bigger than the one I went to during my first visit to Tempest, with even more unfamiliar faces milling around the room, all dressed extravagantly. I do spot a few people that I've met before, though.

One of them is the Demon Lord Luminous, who I met at Walpurgis. She's not wearing a maid's dress this time, instead a gothic-style black dress, but I still recognized her based on her silver hair and heterochromatic eyes. She's standing next to Hinata, who's wearing a sleek dark blue dress.

Then I remember; Hinata wants to talk with Rimuru! I nudge her to grab her attention.

"Rimuru, I think Hinata has something she wants to talk to you about," I tell her, leaving out the part where that lady tried to pressure information out of me.