Ambitions

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

I'm sitting at the dining table eating my breakfast directly across from Iruma. For some reason, he's barely picking at his food and is staring off into space. His normally enormous appetite is nowhere to be seen and he looks exhausted.

"Iruma, why aren't you eating your breakfast this morning? Is something bothering you, my precious grandson?" Sullivan asks concernedly. I'm worried too since this isn't his usual behavior.

"Yeah, what's going on? You normally eat way more than that! Are you sick or something?" I ask. Iruma is normally almost as gluttonous as I am, so it's weird to see him letting food go to waste like this.

"I-I'm okay...just tired..." he responds. Sullivan continues to look at Iruma with a worried expression, his strange behavior is obviously bothering him. Even Opera looks concerned.

"Are you sure? You definitely look like something's bothering you."

"No, Rimuru. It's nothing...I just didn't sleep well last night, okay?"

"No, that's not okay. I think there's more to it than that. Just spit it out!" I demand since I realize being pushy is necessary to squeeze an answer out of him.

After a long pause, Iruma finally responds to my demand.

"I...think I'm going crazy...a weird voice in my head talked to me last night..." he answers hesitantly.

Wait...I think I know what's going on...

[[...]]

Cieeeel? Did you talk to Iruma last night?

[[...maybe...]]

I thought we were keeping you a secret from him!

[[...]]

Now the poor kid thinks he's losing his marbles! You could have at least let me explain to him who you are first! Remember how I reacted when you first spoke to me back when you were Great Sage? I thought I was going crazy too!

[[Sorry Master...I first needed to introduce myself to the boy so that later I can advise him on the use of your skills. He obviously will need assistance.]]

Yeah, and by that, you mean you want to intervene to make your experiment with his ring more successful. I know you only see him as your latest 'project' right now.

[[...No comment.]]

*sigh*

"Iruma, you're not going crazy. That voice you heard was my partner, Ciel. If I had known she was gonna contact you I would have given you a warning first." I explain calmly. Iruma seems very confused by my response.

"Partner? What do you mean by that?" he asks.

"I should let her explain that herself. Her existence is a bit of a secret so you three need to keep quiet about it." I say to Iruma, Sullivan, and Opera.

Might as well let Ciel take care of this since it's her fault.

Iruma POV