Party and Politics

Author's Note: Hey, readers! I just want to do a little self-promotion and mention that I have been working on another Tensura fanfic recently as a collab with AgentT123 and WatcherMagic called TTIGRAAS: Predator (or just "Predator" for short :) ). So, if you enjoy my writing, please check it out! There are currently 5 chapters out.

https://www.wattpad.com/1290347629-ttigraas-predator-chapter-1

Iruma POV

"Oooh, try one of those, Iruma! I'm sure you'll love it!" Rimuru says, pointing to a small, fancy cake on a plate. There are many of the same laid out on the table, among other various desserts.

"What kind is it?"

"Shortcake; my favorite. But, not just any shortcake, this is Shuna's shortcake! She's amazing when it comes to baking and cooking and no matter how much I eat the stuff she makes, I can't get enough of it."

"You too, Sullivan, Opera. Especially you, Opera; maybe you can recreate it back in the Netherworld if you get a taste? I'd sure enjoy it if you could, and I bet Iruma would too."

"I'd love to give it a try," Grandpa answers with a smile.

"Yes, it does look like an impressive dessert. I will also take some at your recommendation." Opera also takes a cake of his own.

Soon after we sit down, Rimuru gets a big smirk on her face as if she had a clever idea.

"Wanna see something cool?"

"Uh...sure?" I ask as I take a bite of the cake. It was amazing!

Rimuru chuckles and in her hand appears a white mask with a red gem in the center.

"For the record, this is just a replica of the real thing," Rimuru explains, holding up one finger as if she's lecturing me. "But, I can still show off what I want to with it."

Rimuru slips the mask over her face and it seems to hold tight despite me not seeing any way that it's being held on.

"Now, watch closely!"

Rimuru scoops a forkful of the cake and starts to bring it up to her face like she's about to eat it, but her mouth is totally covered by that mask!

*Chink*

The metal fork bumps against the mask and some of the cake smears onto it.

"Huh?"

"Was that the cool thing? I'm confused." I mutter, wondering what Rimuru was trying to accomplish.

"No, no, wait, let me try again!" Rimuru pleads.

*Chink chink*

Rimuru taps the fork forcefully against the mask a few more times.

"Why isn't it working?!" Rimuru exasperatedly asks out loud, sounding flustered.

Then, somehow, the cake disappears off of the fork with one of the motions Rimuru's been doing.

"Finally...damn, why did it take me so many tries?!"

"Oooooh, so eating through the mask was the cool thing?" I ask, finally realizing what Rimuru was attempting.

It was kinda ruined by all those tries, but I guess it's still a fun little trick.

"Yeah, that was the 'cool thing'...maybe I shouldn't try to pull off party tricks while tipsy."

Rimuru dejectedly removes the mask, wipes the cake and frosting off of it with a napkin, and makes it disappear to wherever it came from in the first place.