Kaiju Chaos

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Ameri POV

I feel like we're being given the runaround...

First, Rimuru vanishes without warning, then while we're trying to find her, Iruma vanishes as well, and finally, after several tense minutes, Rimuru texts us to say that they're both back on the surface.

The two come up to meet us, looking somewhat uneasy.

Before they can say anything, I pick both of them up, one under each arm.

"Ronove, you know this park better than any of us; do they sell kid leashes at the lost child center?"

"They do!" he pipes up helpfully.

"We're going there then," I flatly state as I start walking there with the two troublemakers in hand.

"There's no need for that!" Rimuru protests, wriggling and fussing in my grip.

"Then stop running off, or I will do it!" I snipe back.

I'm not being serious of course, but these two have been a source of great stress today. First Iruma got himself lost, and then Rimuru was being all spooky by teleporting herself and Iruma around. Really, I just want things to stop being so hectic for a little while.

My little joke over, I set Iruma and Rimuru back down.

"Are you okay, Master Iruma?" Asmodeus asks from behind me. He's been worried about Iruma this whole time, he really seems to have devoted himself entirely to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I guess... That whole situation was way too crazy, though," Iruma says with an exhausted sigh.

"You can say that again! What even happened?" I ask.

Iruma looks hesitant to say anything, so it's Rimuru that speaks up first.

"I'll be honest with what happened: That explosion was just a way for Kiriwo to get my attention, that weirdo's got some kind of thing for me. The only reason I didn't turn that bastard into ash was that Iruma intervened and then talked some sense into him. I can only hope his advice sticks..."

So Iruma really did make the right call, predicting what Rimuru would do. But does that mean he went out of his way to save Kiriwo? Humans are strange creatures indeed...

But equally strange is Rimuru. I understand that many demons are ruthless with their foes and brutal in their methods, but Rimuru never gave the impression of being that type of demon. She's more of the prankster type that takes pleasure in messing with others, not one that would casually talk about nearly killing someone.

And that dreadful feeling...it was Rimuru. This time and the one at the Battler party. I was thinking this the last time I saw Rimuru lose her temper, but that incident wasn't on the same level as the other two.

It's no wonder my father asked me to keep an eye on her; it's not just because of whatever she said in an attempt to coerce him.

I don't know what to think, really. My sense of danger skyrocketed in that aura's presence, but with Rimuru standing right in front of me again...I just don't see it. I have a hard time imagining her exuding something that intense. That doesn't mean I am disbelieving, of course.