Unwanted Attention

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

"Ahhh...bed, sweet bed..."

It's not my bed, but it'll do just fine; especially since it's not just the bed I'm lying on. My pile of Parallel Fragments is also here, already fast asleep since they were outright forced to be earlier. When relaxed like this, even my human form is soft and squishy, so the mound of Rimuru copies is surprisingly comfortable to lean against like this.

This comfort can't last, though, since I need to go through the not-so-comfortable process of absorbing these five. Yeah, I don't normally feel any physical pain, but taking in all those memories and perspectives at once isn't fun.

"Alright, I guess I'm ready..." I mutter, a bit reluctant.

In an instant, all five copies disappear without a trace and I'm hit with the subsequent headache I was expecting.

This only lasts for a moment before my consciousness rapidly fades, as planned, and I slip into sleep.

**The Next Morning**

"Sooo...how're we gonna decide what group won?" I ask, after a few minutes of eating breakfast with my class.

We were having a little competition to see who'd have the most fun at the park, at least up until that whole mess happened. Still, we need to pick a winner anyways.

"Oh yeah...that contest. I almost completely forgot after everything that happened!" Jazz chuckles.

"Hehe, me too." Lead agrees.

"...does it really matter at this point?" Keroli quietly asks.

"Of course, it matters!" Jazz shoots back. "Like I'd give up on the chance to win something..."

"Calm down everyone! Um...who should we have decide the winning team though?" Iruma asks, trying to get everyone to be on the same page.

"I can be the judge!" Sullivan happily butts into our conversation, wearing a grandfatherly smile.

"Are you sure you won't be biased?" I ask skeptically.

I mean, I think the old man can be objective in a lot of cases, but when it comes to me, and even more with Iruma, he's not; not at all.

Lead taps my shoulder leaning in to whisper "We could always make Kalego decide once he gets here. He isn't biased, he hates us all equally."

This comment, overheard by Jazz sitting next to me, has him chime in with "I'm pretty sure he hates Rimuru and Iruma more, though."

"I promise I'm not biased! I choose...everyone!" Sullivan says, still smiling.

"Everyone?" I ask, kinda annoyed by his copout of an answer.

"You all had so much fun, so that means everyone wins!" he replies.

"Doesn't that defeat the point of it being a competition? Plus, the terms for the winner is that they can ask the losers to do something for the winners, so that doesn't work if all the groups win." I explain.