Misfit Visits

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

"Aw, man..." I mutter.

I've been trying this for hours but no matter how many times I do it, I can't seem to get it right! I'm getting better at magic, I really am! So, I thought that if I gave Control Water another shot that I'd be able to actually do something with it!

But, I'm struggling. Rimuru told me that her skills would be harder for me to use when compared to normal magic, but I'm determined to get the hang of this.

Focus, Iruma...focus...

Holding my hand over the glass of water again for the dozenth or so time, I try to use the skill. But...

"Dangit!"

The same result, of course. I'm not even able to fully pull the liquid out of the glass.

Maybe I should just ask Rimuru for help?

But then, I get the sudden feeling someone's eyes are on me, so I look over my shoulder toward my bedroom's doorway.

Dark blue eyes staring at me curiously, Ciel playing the role of my mother 'Amane' is peeking through the doorway, watching me.

"Uh-"

It took me a second, but I was about to greet her, though, before I could, she spoke up instead.

"Do you require assistance?" Ciel asks monotonously.

Why is she offering me help all of a sudden? Ciel did the same thing when I was at the karaoke party too.

"Yeah, I can use a little help, I suppose. I kinda wanted to figure it out on my own, but I'm having a hard time."

"There is nothing wrong with asking for a little help, especially from your mother."

"Hehe, yeah..."

My mom would never offer me help with anything, so it feels weird seeing Ciel act like she's my mom while doing kind things like this. Is this what it's like for other kids?

Ciel sits on the floor next to me, ready to help me out.

**A little later**

Rimuru POV

Where are those two?

It's been a bit since I've seen both Ciel and Iruma in the mansion, so I guess I have to track them down with Universal Perception. I could just waste my time wandering around the mansion trying to find them, but I'd rather not.

After activating the skill, I find that they're both in Iruma's bedroom for whatever reason.

I bet they're up to something...I better go see what's going on.

I could just use my skill to find that out too, but I see no point.

"What's up with you two? Doing anything interesting?" I ask as I join them in Iruma's bedroom. The door was wide open so it wasn't like I was barging in or anything.