Tattle and Tale

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

We're all having a group study session, this time including most of our classmates. They're showing genuine motivation for studying for once; a rarity for many of them. Why? Because they don't want to have to take remedial classes. All they want is to have fun during their break and being stuck doing extra classes with Professor Kalego would get in the way of that.

Rimuru has been kinda leading the group since we're currently working on something she excels in, but suddenly, she asks something that seems off-topic.

"Jazz, do you have any particular attachments to that mug?" she asks, pointing to the mug of tea Jazz is drinking. It's a novelty mug, mocking the drinker for being easy to steal from.

"No, not at all, my brother got it for me this morning as some dumb way to take a jab at me, that jerk...uh, do what you will with it." Jazz says without a care after grumbling about his older brother.

Rimuru, still pointing her index finger at the cup utters the spell "Fractal."

The mug promptly falls upwards, completely defying gravity and shattering on the ceiling, making a mess of ceramic shards and tea.

"You've all been taught that Fractal reduces or increases the weight of an object, which it can, but that's only the most basic thing the spell can do. Used with enough skill, the spell can manipulate gravity in many ways, as I just showed you by having that mug fall upwards."

"How are we gonna clean that up though?" Lead asks, pointing at the mess on the ceiling.

"I'll show you! With all magic, a little creativity goes a long way, and we can use Fractal to solve our problem here." Rimuru explains in a very teacher-like tone.

"Remember that time we fought the Guardian of Cutthroat Valley, Sabnock?" Rimuru suddenly asks a seemingly unrelated question.

"Yes, of course! How could I forget such a pivotal event!" Sabnock booms enthusiastically.

"Your wings got all torn up so you couldn't fly away, but if you knew Fractal at the time, that wouldn't have been a problem." Rimuru grins as she casually points this out.

"What do you mean?" Sabnock asks, sounding astonished.

"Also, are we just gonna ignore the mug? It's all stuck to the ceiling still Rimuru." Goemon comments, also showing concern about the mess.

"I'm getting there!" Rimuru insists.

Many others also seem confused by this, muttering to each other and trying to guess where Rimuru is going with this. Rimuru, seeming to think their confusion is amusing, smiles smugly and lets out a small chuckle before continuing.

"Because if you use it properly it can be a substitute for wings! A way to fly without those, although a more finicky one. I've played around with it some so I've got the hang of it but it wasn't easy. Just keep this in mind for the tests; when asked about what a spell does don't just look at the applications you were taught, but other ways you can use those spells in interesting ways. It shows how well you understand them, impressing our teachers." Rimuru explains to the class, causing even more astonishment from our classmates.