Beluran's Arrogance

AN: So the general consensus is people prefer the weekly chapters, so I will stick with that schedule as I have for the last 6 months. (Yes, I've been keeping this schedule up for 6 whole months without missing a single upload! Crazy, right?!) I'll thank you all again for your continued support and I hope you continue to enjoy yourselves with every chapter.

Also, I should add that Alikred isn't dead and will be making an appearance soon and so will 'evil-cycle Iruma'. Just hold your horses a little, I have it all planned out, I just need to get there first. 😉

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

Out from the mist steps, a tall, thin man dressed extravagantly and oozing arrogance, along with three others. Two resemble him somewhat but aren't dressed nearly as fancily and the third is a woman with green hair dressed the same as the blue-haired one who led Rimuru and me to Walpurgis.

I look a little closer at the man I assume is Beluran. His eyes are black, no white to them at all, and his skin is as pale as if he were a corpse, glistening with moisture. Beluran's ears are fin-like and his long fingers are webbed and tipped with sharp nails. His extravagant clothing is deep purple in color lined with silver details. I notice a glint from his left thigh and see a scary, silvery curved knife strapped to it.

This dude is gross... is all I could think while looking at that face of his.

Beluran is wearing a haughty grin as he peers at the table of Demon Lords, all of them staring at him with blank expressions (all except for Dino, who's still sleeping). His sweeping gaze settles on me in particular and a pointed tongue pokes out from between his sharp, shark-like teeth. He licks his thin lips with a hungry look in his eyes and it takes every bit of my willpower not to shrink away from the gesture.

{{He has even less energy than I expected...}} Rimuru's voice mutters in my head.

{{So he's weak like you thought? He doesn't look weak to me...}}

{{No, not necessarily. Energy levels only mean so much, but if he's got a cheat-level unique he may be more formidable than you might think at first glance. Nothing that can beat an Ultimate skill, but still...}}

{{So are you worried about him or not? He's really creepy-looking and it's freaking me out.}}

{{Not worried, just puzzled. Don't let him bother you too much, even though I agree with you, he's definitely creepy.}} Rimuru chuckles.

"Take your seat, Beluran," Guy says.

"Of course." He replies, gesturing to one of his two attendants to pull the seat out for him.

Why couldn't he just do that himself?

"So, as you all probably are aware, today we will be deciding whether Beluran will be join-" Guy starts to say, but is interrupted.

"Are you going to ignore my titles?" Beluran asks in an arrogant tone.

"Excuse me?" Guy asks, hints of irritation showing in his voice.