O Frabjous Day

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

A/N: Yes, I did skip last week's upload because of some stuff going on in real life, and I'm sorry for that. This chapter isn't very big for the same reasons I had to skip then, but I hope you all still enjoy reading it nonetheless.

Ameri POV

I glare at Rimuru, annoyed that she seems happy about this development. The danger of the situation has skyrocketed, yet, she seems pleased if anything.

Rimuru fake-coughs and wipes the slight smile off of her mouth, trying to hide her true emotions about the composite beast looming in front of us.

"By the way, why are you even using that thing? The only reason I have it is for that... uh... ghost cosplay." the Rimuru in black asks the one wearing red.

"You of all people should understand!"

"Well, I don't."

"Because it's sooooo cool! It's all like whoosh, and swoosh as you swing it around! Who wouldn't want to fight with a giant, crazy scythe!" 'Agent Red' says as she starts carelessly whipping her overly-large-sized weapon around, not paying attention to her surroundings at all.

She isn't even paying attention to the enormous threat...how is Rimuru so calm and casual in a situation like this?!

It's exasperating to witness Rimuru argue with herself about her weapon of choice when there are much more important things to worry about right now. I have no idea what we are going to do about this merged kaiju since it is very clearly much stronger than the Carmine Dragon I already struggled to take on.

There is one option I can take, but it's a risky one; My bloodline ability: Romanticist. It is a double-edged sword, a magic that can either strengthen or weaken you based on your view of yourself and your situation. Your belief has to be firm, you have to be convinced you will win, and the magic makes that a reality; a self-fulfilling prophecy, you could say. But if your resolve slips, even a little, the backlash of it is devastating, making those doubts the outcome instead.

Not only that, but afterward, you are left exhausted and in immense pain, so after expending my energy with it, I will be useless until I'm given time to rest.

If I am going to use it, I need something that can assure my victory, because currently, I'm not confident that I can take that thing on by myself.

That weapon truly has overwhelming strength behind it, cutting off the head of the Carmine Dragon with such ease...if I were to wield something like that, I may have what I need to fight that monstrosity.

Rimuru is still preoccupied with bickering with herself about the weapon, flailing it around as she does. I take this opportunity to pluck it right out of her small hands. It's actually very heavy, which I expected, but it's still astonishing that even in this weaker form she was swinging it around as if it weighed next to nothing a moment ago.

"Hey! That's mine!" she whines, reaching for the blade.

"I need to borrow this," I reply gruffly before running off with it in the direction of my foe, much to Rimuru's disappointment.