Tour Around Town

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Author's Note: I have a new cover for the fanfic! :D

Iruma POV

Fresh air, bright sun; I'm outside taking a little stroll around town with Katelyn, the maid Rimuru assigned to me yesterday. When she showed up to wake me up this morning, I told her I wanted to explore the city more, so she offered to go with me; or more like she said it was her duty to keep an eye on me. Direct orders from her boss, apparently, after she heard that Rimuru specifically asked for her to 'attend to my needs'.

She's kinda stiff and formal with me, but not quite as much as she seemed to be when around Rimuru. Still, I find the situation a little awkward since I'm not really used to this. Opera can be similar at times, but he still treats me more like family than anything despite technically being Grandpa's servant.

Rimuru is still catching up with her work, and today, Grandpa and Opera decided to go to the Labyrinth's dungeon after Grandpa spent an hour raving about it to Opera. I'm a little worried about them both getting hurt since they both said they wanted to 'test their skills' in there, but knowing how nobody can die in there and that there are potions that can heal you within seconds is a reassuring thing.

As we continue walking, mostly just wandering around right now, the foot traffic starts to slow for some reason and the people begin to crowd together. I hear excited shouting and cheering up ahead, but the crowd is too thick to see through enough to know what's happening.

"Katelyn, do you know what's going on over there?" I ask her, pointing ahead of us.

She stands on her tiptoes, attempting to spot the reason by looking over everyone's heads, but she seems to fail.

"Unfortunately, I cannot tell, Sir Iruma." she politely apologizes.

I want to tell her to just call me Iruma, but remembering how things went last night where I tried and failed to be nice to her with my offer, I don't want to make her more uncomfortable again. It's not that big of a deal anyway since I'm used to Azz also addressing me all formal-like.

"Hmmm...I'm gonna take a closer look." I say, very curious.

Gently pushing and tapping my way through the crowd, followed by Katelyn who doesn't look the happiest about what I'm doing, I start to get closer to whatever is causing this block in the road.

I manage to make my way to the front and Katelyn joins me, fixing the arrangement of her hair after having to push her way through after me.

"Sir, you are an official guest of the Demon Lord, I could easily have made people step aside so you could get through." Katelyn calmly explains with a slightly tired expression.

"Oh...I didn't really think that was an option...sorry Katelyn."

"There's no need for an apology," Katelyn reassures me with a small smile.

But, turning my attention back to what's ahead, I see something I definitely didn't expect; it's a parade of slimes completely obstructing the street and seemingly being led by multiple people that kinda look like crossing guards holding signs with a cartoon of a slime drawn on them.