Tensions Between Twins

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

I ended up working through the night without sleeping; not that I even need that stuff in the first place. I have too much on my plate right now to waste time doing something that unnecessary. Despite being on 'vacation', the results of Walpurgis have dumped work on my lap that I can't put off.

By the time the sun peeked through the window of my bedroom, I was ready to take a break from all this. Thankfully, last week was the end of me having to come in early for the Student Council business. Ameri released me from my 'probationary period' so now I'm free to do my own thing, although I still need to keep her updated on stuff to a certain degree.

So around the time the others eat, I head downstairs and find Iruma sitting with Sullivan at the dining table, eating a breakfast that looks more elaborate than usual. I bet Sullivan set this up to help Iruma cheer up, but I could go for some nicer-than-usual food myself after going through about 8 hours of nothing but paperwork and stewing on what to do about Iruma.

"Good morning." I greet them.

"Good morning, Rimuru." Sullivan returns the greeting.

Iruma glances at me briefly before turning away and not saying anything, clearly still upset about what transpired at Walpurgis. He also looks tired so I doubt he got much sleep last night.

I give Iruma a concerned look before sitting down at the table too directly across from him.

It seems like he's trying to avoid me. It hurts a little, but if he wants me to give him some space, I will.

Now alone with Sullivan, I begin to eat, but there's an awkward silence filling the room making it hard to focus on my meal.

"Did you get some rest last night? From what I learned yesterday, I now know that that meeting was quite the ordeal for both of you." Sullivan says in a doting and concerned tone.

"I didn't sleep; I had too much work to do."

"But, Rimuru..."

"You know I don't need sleep, so it's not a problem for me to pull an all-nighter like that."

"That's true."

Sheesh, he seems even more concerned about me now...what's his deal? Is he really that worried about me? It doesn't make much sense for him to act like this when he knows who and what I am. At least he doesn't seem mad at me after learning what happened at Walpurgis, which is good. With how protective he is of Iruma, I was a little worried he would be very upset that I scared the kid so badly, but instead, he's worried about me too.

"I'd like to talk with you later about what happened yesterday. Iruma told me some of it but I want to hear your perspective too...if you don't mind." Sullivan says calmly before pausing to gauge my reaction. He seems more serious about this than he did just a moment ago.

"Sure; I can fill in some blanks for you, I guess," I respond. I don't mind telling him about what happened, especially since Iruma already gave him a recount of yesterday's events.