An Eventful Evening

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

"Where have you two been!? I was worried sick!" Sullivan whines as we step inside the mansion.

Why were you worried about me? I'm fully capable of taking care of myself, y'know!

"We're sorry, Grandpa. Something came up and I had to deal with it. Rimuru stayed with me to make sure I was safe." Iruma apologizes.

"By 'something' you mean you mean hanging out with your new girlfriend!" I playfully poke fun at him.

"S-stop calling her that! She's not my girlfriend!" Iruma insists. His face is now bright red with embarrassment.

"So you have a girlfriend now Iruma? You're growing up much too fast...." Sullivan whimpers.

"I told you she's not my girlfriend!" Iruma asserts desperately, looking panicked.

"Alright, in all seriousness she isn't his girlfriend..." I explain.

"Thank you!" Iruma says, sighing with relief.

"...at least not yet!" I finish my point with a huge grin.

"Rimuruuuu...!" Iruma whines. He looks at me with pleading eyes, so I decide to stop teasing him. He's gone through enough today.

"Hahaha! Okay, okay don't look at me like that! I'll stop picking on you now, I promise." I say reassuringly. "I actually have something important to talk to you about, 'Grandpa'."

"Is it about the incident in the botany tower?"

"Yes, that and the Gluttonous Feeder Ring. Something has to be done about it so that we don't have a repeat of today's 'accident'." I don't want to have to deal with another cover-up since keeping one person's mouth shut is hard enough.

"Didn't you say something about 'adjusting its output' it on the phone earlier?" Iruma asks Sullivan.

"Oh, yes! That is something that I mentioned."

[[Let me alter the boy's ring! I have a brilliant idea for how to improve it, Master!]]

Okay, Ciel, I'll ask Sullivan if it's ok to 'play' with Iruma's ring. I'm excited to see what you've come up with.

"Do you mind letting me take care of the adjustment for you?" I ask Sullivan enthusiastically.

"Um, go ahead." He agrees, looking slightly unsure.

"What're you going to do to it Rimuru?" Iruma asks.

"You'll see. C'mon, let's do it upstairs since this might take a while." I respond.

"Ok..." Iruma says nervously. He just stands there instead of following so I grab his hand and half-drag him upstairs into my bedroom. We both sit on the bed next to each other.

Iruma POV

I'm in Rimuru's room after being dragged up here. Apparently, I'm about to have my Gluttonous Feeder Ring 'adjusted'. Rimuru looks way too excited about this, and I find the smile she's wearing disturbing. I trust Rimuru a good amount, but I have a bad feeling about this.