Aquamarine Blue

Rimuru POV

"Well, have fun!" I say to Iruma as I drop him off for his date with Ameri. This, of course, demanded that I make an interdimensional rip in space-time, but I don't mind.

Now...back to that paperwork...

I sit with my pen in hand, about to get started, but...

You know what? I think I should tail Iruma on his date.

[[Are you attempting to dodge your responsibilities yet again, Master?]]

No, if anything, I'm fulfilling them! I need to protect Iruma, remember?

[[*sigh*]]

...

Wearing my striped one-piece swimsuit, sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat, I'm standing at a distance from the two teens having their little date. Neither of them has noticed me, so I'm blending in pretty well, I think.

I'd previously changed my clothes to fit with the atmosphere of this place since my goal is to keep an eye on Iruma for his own protection. That's my job, y'know. Gotta keep him from figuring out that I'm watching him, though, or I might just go and ruin his time with Ameri.

The place Ameri picked is pretty impressive, I have to say. It's a sorta mix between an aquarium and a waterpark, I think. Iruma seems to like it a lot, at least; he looks so excited as he wonders at the large tank full of an assortment of aquatic beasts of different kinds.

"He's so excited," I say with a grin, seeing how Iruma is darting around, a huge smile on his face.

Ameri POV

"Wait, Ameri...if you're in a bathing suit, does that mean this place has a pool?" Iruma asks me.

"It does. The Aquacase is a recreation complex that has both an aquarium and a pool." I explain.

"That's so cool!"

He's definitely surprised...things are off to a great start!

"But...I didn't bring any swim trunks..."

"Don't worry, you can rent some here, I believe.

"Alright, I'll go do that!"

Now that I'm alone, I can take one more look at my date plans to make absolutely sure that this goes perfectly!

"I rented a pair and I'm all set!" I hear Iruma's voice say loudly and I whip around to see him already changed in record time.

I swiftly hide the binder of plans behind me so Iruma doesn't see them.

That was close...

"That was fast!" I exclaim, surprised he's back so soon. "They look very great on you. Good choice."

"Awww...thanks!" Iruma thanks me with a scratch of his head, smiling warmly at me. "Oh...and, um, I was so overwhelmed that I forgot to say this earlier, but...you look great too, Ameri!"

Already, my heart feels like it's going to burst from Iruma's compliment. Momentarily caught off guard, I try to keep my cool even though my face feels very hot already.

"D-do I really?" I sheepishly ask.

"Yeah!"

This date is the best! But, I can't let myself get too excited yet! You need to pace yourself, Ameri!

We have so much more to do, but if I let Iruma's kind words get to me too much, it will ruin all of that. Still, I'm thoroughly enjoying this already even though we just got to the Aquacase.