Consequences

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

I sit there, still not fully understanding what just happened.

Rimuru...fainted?!

Why in the world did Rimuru just pass out? Was it Shion's dessert? Is that why Rimuru knocked the fork out of my hand and told me not to eat it? How could eating something cause you to immediately faint like that?! Especially someone like Rimuru, it's hard to imagine that much can hurt someone like her badly enough to knock her out almost instantly.

Wh-what would've happened to me if I ate that stuff?!

Nope...nope...I don't want to think about it. That's a scary line of thinking to go down, so I think I'll just avoid it. I worry enough as is without dwelling on 'what if?'s like that.

Looking around the room, I see that I'm not the only person petrified with shock. It's as if the whole room is frozen, everyone had stopped in their tracks, staring at the currently inanimate light-blue blob on the floor next to me. The air is thick with tension and fear as everyone in the room tries to comprehend what just happened.

Then, as if someone flipped a switch, the dead silence snaps, turning into a complete panic. Screaming, shouting, the sounds of dishes shattering from being dropped, a mess of sounds fills the room all at once. Shion, still standing behind me and the chair Rimuru was in before passing out, begins bawling her eyes out loudly, rapidly sputtering out a slew of words, most of them coming out as unintelligible babbling. The ones I do make out are things like 'sorry', and 'I didn't mean to', among other apologies. She clearly didn't mean for this to happen.

Shuna almost immediately sprung into action, rushing over and gingerly scooping Rimuru off the floor, cradling the blob concernedly in her arms.

"Lord Rimuru...Lord Rimuru!" she repeats multiple times, gently patting the slime vigorously, trying to rouse them from their unconscious state. She's panicking too, even if she's hiding it quite well compared to most of the people in the room.

Many onlookers rush over and crowd around their unconscious leader, looking on with faces full of panic and worry.

Still frozen in my seat from a lack of not knowing what to do in a crazy situation like this, I watch Shuna expectantly. When she realizes that her efforts to wake Rimuru aren't working, she stops her frantic patting. Then, I notice her pink eyes glow for a moment as she stares intensely at the slime still in her arms. Relief quickly washes across her face and she sighs.

"Oh thank goodness..." Shuna says, clutching her chest with one hand while still holding Rimuru in her other.

"What? Will Rimuru be alright?" I ask quickly, hoping desperately Rimuru will be okay.

"Yes...thankfully. Lord Rimuru is simply sleeping, probably to recover from what he ate. It won't be long before he will regain consciousness. Maybe an hour or so at most, according to my analysis." She says to me before raising her voice and directing it toward everyone in the room. "Lord Rimuru will be just fine, everyone. Please don't continue to worry."