Festival Fun

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

Over the last few days, the city has been buzzing with even more excitement than usual as everyone prepares for the festival. I've been excited too, of course, spending some time scoping out the attractions ahead of time. Katelyn has been nice enough to show me, Grandpa, and Opera around quite a bit while Rimuru has been too busy to do that herself.

Multicolored lights and decorations have been strung up along the streets, adding vibrant splashes of color everywhere. Huge monsters that Kaitlyn told me are the High Orcs were doing a lot of heavy lifting, carrying out various materials, and setting up structures where various events will be taking place.

Now that everything has been built and set up, today's the day for the festival to start. Rimuru has some sort of speech she needs to make as a way to put a start to the festivities first and we're gonna go listen to it.

A massive crowd has gathered in the center of town around a large stage that was built just for the festival, the anticipation hanging in the air. All the residents of Tempest are thrilled to hear Rimuru's speech it seems.

Just then, the crowd roars louder and I strain to peek over the shoulders of the people in front of me to see what's happening.

"Let Grandpa help you, my precious Iruma."

I suddenly feel my feet leave the ground and see that Grandpa has picked me up so I can see better.

"W-wait!" I stutter, trying to stop him before it's too late. I know he's just trying to help, but since Grandpa is so tall, everyone's eyes are on me. I don't normally mind getting picked up, but in this case, I'd rather just blend into the sea of people below me.

"Please put me down, I think I can see from here without your help, actually."

"Oh, sure..." he says with a pout, lowering my feet to the ground gently.

Before I was put down, though, Opera had already snapped a pic of me being held like this. He'd already had the camera in his hands, preparing to take some pictures of Rimuru during her speech, but the lens had been turned on me, adding to Grandpa's endless album of photos of me.

Opera gives Grandpa a conciliatory pat after I'm released. I feel a little bad that he looks so disappointed because I made him put me down.

But back to spotting what all this excitement around me is about. I manage to sneak a peek up ahead through the mass of people and see that it's what I thought it was.

It's Rimuru, sporting super-fancy clothes, a cape and all. She really is like a completely different person when acting like the Demon Lord she is. I'm amazed by the difference every time I've seen it because I'm so used to Rimuru's casual side, not this majestic royal figure standing on the stage, overlooking this large crowd of people.

With a sleeveless vest resting atop a long-sleeve shirt, decorated with gold ornaments, she's standing upon a massive wooden podium. With a glittering microphone in both hands, Rimuru's voice booms, sending shivers down my spine from the sheer force as she speaks.