Demands and Doubts

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Kalego POV

Today I am meeting with my least favorite student, the insufferable granddaughter of that asinine Chairdemon Sullivan. That man is the bane of my existence, and that bratty girl takes after him perfectly! Lord Sullivan seems to be convinced that that blue-haired fiend of a girl poses some kind of threat to me, but I cannot see it. She does give me an eerie feeling sometimes which could lend credence to that idea, but I do not believe that she can outperform a high-ranking demon like myself. I have nothing to be afraid of when dealing with children like her.

I am finally going to get some answers out of her, something that is long overdue. Rimuru is definitely hard to shake, but I have resolved to try more drastic methods to extract information from her if it comes to it. If she is truly solely responsible for saving the school, I can conclude that she is strong enough to withstand a higher level of 'persuasion' from myself. I do not normally use this approach, but on occasion, extra force is necessary to get my desired outcome.

With my plan of action laid out in my head, All I have to do is wait for her to show up. Rimuru promised me earlier today when I confronted her before class, so she better show up or she is in for a world of punishment!

While sitting at my desk, I hear a knock on my office door.

"Come," I say loudly in a stern voice.

The door creaks open, revealing my expected guest. Rimuru is surprisingly here and punctual as well, something that I half-expected not to happen. She doesn't seem as arrogant as normal, giving off a much calmer mood. Maybe she is planning on cooperating? That would surely make my job here much simpler. This puts me slightly at ease, but I do not drop my guard for a moment. Every decently intelligent demon knows showing any weakness in the face of an adversary will spell your demise.

I gesture to the chair I positioned facing my desk so that we can talk face-to-face without having to stand. She quietly sits down and begins staring me straight in the eyes with those strange golden ones she possesses. I get that strange feeling again as I match her gaze. I still cannot pinpoint exactly what it is, but it makes me feel uneasy.

I brush aside any uneasiness I feel from Rimuru's presence and address her properly.

"Hello, Miss Tempest. I am glad you decided to show up."

"Hi, Professor. I said I'd show up, so I did." She states calmly. "Soooo...why did you want to meet with me? It seems weird that you'd wanna be in a room alone with me, considering our past interactions."

"Yes, we've had our differences, but I hope to set those aside for today. I have a few questions for you."

"Well, if that's how you're planning on approaching this meeting, I'm willing to answer a few questions at least."

"We need to discuss what happened the night of the party eve when you supposedly saved the school from that Amy boy's scheme."

"Pfft...'supposedly'? I was responsible for saving Babyls, along with Iruma; That's an undisputed fact. Even the Chief of the Demon Security Police has accepted that." Rimuru replies in a mildly irritated tone.