Pushing Yourself

Iruma POV

"Wake up, sleepyhead!"

"Whuuaaaaah!"

I'm woken up by Rimuru's loud voice filling my bedroom, nearly jumping a foot into the air. If my bed wasn't as large as it is, I'd probably be on the floor right now.

Glancing out the window, I can tell it's way earlier than I usually wake up, well, that and the fact my alarm hasn't gone off yet either.

"Why are you waking me up this early, Rimuru?" I question.

"For your training, of course! Why else?"

"Oh..."

"I thought we could go do the morning exercises with the Student Council as a start, then do the more intense stuff after school. Now, get out of bed so we're not late!"

"But isn't that too much? I mean, I still need to be with my actual tutor later too..."

"Yeah, yeah, that can be taken care of later. Right now, just get dressed and ready to go."

First rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I roll out of bed.

Rimuru is really taking this backup tutor thing seriously...

"Does Ameri know we're coming?" I ask.

"No. Why does she need to know?"

"Won't she be mad if we show up out of nowhere?"

"Has she ever been upset to see you, Iruma?"

"No."

"There's your answer."

"Well, at least I can get some reading done with her before school starts. I'm sure she wants to read the next chapter. Their exercises don't start for a few hours, right?"

I remember the time they started from my own time helping the council. I can't be exactly sure though, cause it is a different season now.

"Yeah, I just woke you up at the time Ciel told me to."

"Wait, it was her that told you to only let me get 3 hours of sleep?"

"That's all you'll need to not exhaust yourself today. As a human with your magicule count, she calculated that, and Ciel's never wrong, y'know. At least when it comes to- ow! Hey!"

Rimuru grabs their head suddenly, wincing from apparent pain.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong."

Well, that's concerning...

We head outside under the starry sky; I always did kinda wonder why there even are stars and moons in the Netherworld. I still don't know though, and I guess that's alright. The sky would look a lot worse without them anyway.

"So, for starters, you'll be running to Babyls while wearing this."

Rimuru holds out a weird, large, turtle-shell-looking thing with backpack straps.

"What even is that? Why is it blue? I didn't see any blue turtles in Tempest."

"Just because you didn't see them on your trip doesn't mean they don't exist. But, in this case, it's artificial; I made it myself. Now, put it on; it weighs 100 kilos though so be careful."

There's no way I'll be able to move while wearing that thing if I don't use my skills... I'm guessing that's Rimuru's intention here.

The backpack, as expected, is ridiculously heavy. I need to activate Body Boost right away just to avoid being crushed by it.