The Depths of Depravity

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

My head buzzes with frantic thoughts as I try my best to piece the current situation together. Rimuru's words repeat in my mind as I try to glean as much information from them as I can.

Who could be responsible for this? A prisoner, right? The explosion came from the prison so that's what makes sense...

So a prisoner is likely responsible and if I were to guess, they're trying to break out. But the way Rimuru talked about this person that's responsible, it wasn't just like she was talking about a stranger. How did she put it again?

A certain...someone? A certain someone...who could that-?

Then it occurs to me. The only person we both know that's currently in jail...Kiriwo.

Oh no, this is bad...this is really bad! No wonder Rimuru's so angry if it's him behind this too!

There's no real way to confirm it, but my gut tells me I'm right about this.

"... Iruma?" Azz asks, anxious to know what I'm thinking right now.

I've probably been dead silent for a minute or two and he's definitely worried about me.

My heart is racing horribly and I feel like I'm gonna be sick, but I need to stick it out and stay cool and collected.

Taking a deep breath first, I speak to the one person that can get me where I need to go.

"Ronove, you offered us a tour of the prison, right? Can you get us down there?" I resolutely ask him, staying as calm as I can manage at the moment.

"I can, but now seems like a bad time..." Ronove replies with hesitation.

"Yes, it's best you just stay put with things being as chaotic as they are. As for myself, I have to go check in with the rest of the staff so we can find out what the situation is." Uuetoto adds, giving Ronove a small bow. "Do stay safe and don't do anything foolish, young master."

"See you later, Toto~!" Ronove calls out as Uetoto leaves. "But he's right, we shouldn't go down there right now!"

"Just do as Master Iruma says!" Azz snarls, roughly grabbing the front of Ronove's shirt.

"Iruma, you want us to head right into the most dangerous part of the park right as everyone's in disarray? Do you think Rimuru caused that explosion?" Ameri asks, and I shake my head in disagreement.

"Something bad happened, and she's gone down there to deal with the person who did it. But she might do something really extreme!"

I leave out the part about Kiriwo being responsible since I'm not completely sure it's true.

"What do you mean by 'extreme', exactly?" Ameri asks seriously.

What I'm scared of is that Rimuru is likely to take a life again.

With Beluran, she was certainly doing her best to act rational about it, but still... There's a part of me that feels like Rimuru was just giving in to her anger, and that scares me way more than any amount of blood she's spilled.