Into the Hubbub Forest

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

(AN: Sorry for this chapter being a day late. I was celebrating my birthday (a bit early) and it kinda got in the way of finishing the chapter on time.)

Iruma POV

"You were assigned chaperones for a reason! I know I was not there, but my point still stands! From what I've been told, you have acted incredibly recklessly throughout this entire incident, putting yourself in grave danger many times to try to save others. But, you need to learn that you cannot do everything!"

Professor Kalego is lecturing me after finding out about how I jumped in front of that attack from the composite magical beast, saving Ronove in the process.

"Summoning me at the start of all this would have been the best option. The situation was chaotic and nobody there was capable of fully handling it. Having me, a Chet, on the premises would have been beneficial no matter the circumstances." he continues brutally driving his point into me.

I'll be honest; I never even considered summoning him back when this all happened. Professor Kalego never seems happy when I do that, and with Rimuru at my side, I felt like things would be fine.

"But I didn't want to put anybody else in danger...Rimuru said she had things under control..." I explain sheepishly, trying to justify my actions, at least a little.

"Your sister may be a Vau, but that does not mean that she is invincible! I have learned that during all this, she had split herself into seven bodies, somehow! There is no way that ability doesn't weaken her in some sense, even if she hasn't shared that limitation with you!" Professor Kalego shouts, sounding even angrier now that I've tried to make excuses.

Did that actually weaken Rimuru? It's hard for me to know. But, Rimuru has said to actually hurt her, the 'laws of reality' would have to be bent or something like that. Still, it makes me think about where her limit might be. Maybe I should ask her later to elaborate?

The professor holds his head, clearly annoyed by me, and all I can really do is sit here and take his complaints.

But what he just said gave me something to think about. Rimuru is very strong in multiple ways, but she also has her weaknesses, I have learned. I can't just trust that I can rely on her for everything, partly because of that and also my desire to be more independent.

"And if you were so worried about putting others in danger, then you should have fled with those close to you instead of confronting the danger in the way you did. It makes no sense to be against summoning me, but still be willing to keep your companions in the line of fire," he grumbles, calming down somewhat.

Professor Kalego leans back in his seat, closing his eyes and gathering his thoughts for a moment before continuing.

"Things may have turned out alright this time, but your luck will eventually run out, do you understand? To think I have to supervise fools that throw themselves at dangers that they know they can't handle...it's a miracle all of you misfits survived this ordeal..."

He's saying all this and he doesn't even know about what happened right before...I think I wanna keep that to myself, or the professor's head might explode with anger. Rimuru probably wants to keep it a secret too, based on how secretive she tends to be.