Pressure

Iruma POV

I still don't know why Aoki doesn't like me...

I grumble a bit while walking to the cafeteria. I really don't want Aoki not to like me, it may become a sour spot with Rimuru. I really didn't like when we were fighting, so that would be the worst.

But, I'm sure I can fix that later. Right now, I have something else on my mind.

I really wanna try out my new skills, though. I hope Rimuru asks Hinata soon.

Stepping into the now-familiar cafeteria, I spot the exact person I was thinking about. Hinata, sitting at one of the tables, sipping at a hot drink of some sort.

With eyes like an eagle, she locks her gaze right onto me as soon as I step inside the room and I involuntarily shiver.

Oh no...she looks mad...

I can tell she wants me to join her for some reason, but I kinda freeze up under her intimidating stare. But, after a few seconds of tolerating it, I finally work up the courage to walk over to the table and sit across from her. Food isn't on my mind anymore, though.

"G-good morning...H-hinata..." I stutter a bit as I try to talk to her.

"Tell me what happened."

In an instant, she seems to see right through my feeble attempt to hide what I'm worried about.

"Wh-what? What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. I don't believe it's your fault, but I'm sure you know about it."

She squints her sharp eyes at me, applying pressure.

"Are you asking about Rimuru's..." I hesitate for a moment, knowing I'm supposed to stay quiet about this, but knowing that Hinata is both Rimuru's friend and seemingly already aware that something's up, telling her shouldn't do any harm. "...child?" I whisper.

"Rimuru is fine...correct?" she asks with a hint of worry.

"Yeah, Rimuru is perfectly fine!" I assure her.

"And the child? They haven't rampaged or anything? Devoured any cities or possibly killed anyone?" Hinata asks with surprising nonchalance.

"They almost punched me in the face...but nothing else, really. Aoki has been asleep up until just earlier this morning."

"Aoki is their name then...figures that slime would name them right away, not considering what monstrosity he might create..." Hinata grumbles, looking down at the liquid in her mug contemplatively, "Who is the mother? Or other parent, rather?"

"Nobody. Rimuru just named a slime as his kid, that's all."

Hinata sighs and stands up, not bothering to finish her drink.

"I've waited long enough. Rimuru and I need to talk."

"Wait! Rimuru wants to be alone with Aoki right now! I promise everything is fi-"

I get cut off by Hinata's disapproving glare forcing my words to catch in my throat.

"A-and...Rimuru wants y-you to...t-tutor me..." I manage to force a few more words out, even though Hinata is still staring at me all scary-like.

Hinata just shakes her head a little and continues walking away, probably right to Rimuru's office if I were to guess.

I hope Aoki doesn't try to punch Hinata too...I don't think that would turn out well...

Rimuru POV

"I can explain!"

"Didn't we just have a conversation like this, Rimuru?"