Having a Baal

Rimuru POV

This annoying Thundercat, I swear he's worse than that new animated series. Wait... Is 45 years ago still 'new'? Well, if I'm considered a baby by my draconic siblings still at my age, then I think I can say 45 is new.

I stare at the stupid blonde-haired man responsible for the dozen or so demons that just tried to jump me a moment ago, wondering what his motivations could possibly be.

I recognize the guy as Baal, that obnoxious fool at that dinner I tagged along for a while back. He also happens to be behind that pervert's crazed actions, both with Babyls and Walter Park. For all those reasons, I can't say I'm fond of the man, not even taking into account the attack I just fended off.

"We meet again." He grins at me toothily.

Let's mess with him a bit. I mean, he deserves it after all he's done to mess up Iruma's life indirectly through Kiriwo, so I think a bit of teasing on my part is fully justified.

"Who're you? We've met?" I ask with an innocent-looking tilt of my head, putting on my best 'confused face'.

"You haven't seriously forgotten about me, brat?! You mouthed off to my face at the Thirteen Crowns dinner, remember?"

"Well, I'm sorry but thirteen names is just a few too many to remember."

"I am Thunder-Lord Baal of the Thirteen Crowns, you little shit! Even if you don't remember my name, my face should jog your memory!"

"No... your face isn't anything special. I know a guy that looks almost identical to you. Just finished beating him up, actually."

"YOU OBNOXIOUS IMP!" Baal charges a ball of lightning on his palm and chucks it at me. It isn't anything special to me, however, it's clear it'd cause quite a bit of pain to a demon 'my' age.

Maybe if I let it hit me, he'll go away? He seems pretty mad I knocked his men outta the sky.

I let the attack hit me, feigning an attempt to fend it off and letting myself get flung back a good distance.

"Now I remember!" I snap my fingers in faux realization, "You're that grumpy guy who didn't like what I said! Haha, I didn't realize until you acted so hotheaded!"

He scowls even more at that as I return to the same altitude.

"Don't make me get serious. Shut that mouth before I shut it for you!"

He starts collecting more lightning around his hands but doesn't seem like he's going to attack immediately.

He really seems set on fighting... maybe I went a bit too far?

Really, I don't want a full-blown fight right now; my appetite for battle was sated earlier by beating up two teens under the guise of training them. Not only that but beating up Baal would cause some real problems for me. He's a high-up political figure around here and probably considered very strong by most demons' standards. Winning any sort of fight against him would create way more problems than it's worth while I'm enjoying my time here.

Nope. I don't need that kind of attention.

"No need to go that far, man. I'm not interested in fighting anybody." I fly closer to him, hands up in a show of 'surrender'. I'm more curious about what he even wants from me in the first place than I am interested in hitting him back for that lightning spell.

I was just heading home after finishing my time with Balam, Azz, and Sabnock and got surrounded by a group of demons that tried to attack me out of nowhere. Annoyed, I simply knocked them out of the sky, leaving their fates to, well... fate. I'd hit them hard enough they shouldn't be getting back up here anytime soon, at least.