Walter Park

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

I'm relaxing, trying to think about all the fun things I plan on doing during summer break when my thoughts are interrupted by an odd noise nearby. Curious, I get up from the couch to go look for the source.

*Pat...pat...pat...pat...*

It doesn't take very long for me to track down the source of the strange sound; a slime, hopping across the floor. It's tiny, looking much like Rimuru's slime form but miniaturized. It's so small that you could easily hold it in your hands, it being barely larger than a grapefruit.

Hang on, there aren't slimes in the Netherworld, right? What's one doing here then?

I try to think of where the slime possibly could have come from and I can only imagine one explanation:

This must be Rimuru!

"Rimuru, that's you, right? Did something happen?" I try to ask the slime, but I get no response whatsoever.

Realizing something must be wrong with her, I swiftly pick Rimuru and rush her over to Grandpa nearby.

"Grandpa, something's wrong with Rimuru! She's really tiny and not talking!" I shout, holding Rimuru out for him to see.

"Something happened to my dear granddaughter?" he asks with concern.

"We need to do something to help her!"

"Yes, Diablo might know, bring her to him!"

The two of us hurriedly enter Diablo's room, feeling like the situation doesn't call for knocking.

Showing the small slime in my hands, I explain the situation. "Diablo, something's happened to Rimuru! Do you have any idea what?"

"Please, old friend! Do something to help her!" Sullivan begs, with tears dotting the corners of his eyes.

"What are you two talking about? ... Oh, I see," Diablo says, smirking and holding in a chuckle. "Enshrine him on a pillow, then walk in circles around him for an hour chanting 'all hail the slime', and he'll be back to normal in no time."

"Uh, okay, I'll do that!" I quickly say, and prepare things for the 'ritual'.

It sounds like an odd way of helping her, but I guess it must be the right thing to do since Diablo said so.

At first, Rimuru tries to hop off the pillow a few times but eventually stays put after I sit her back down each time.

And a few minutes later...

" "All hail the slime. All hail the slime. All hail the slime." "

Grandpa and I are walking around Rimuru, chanting the words that Diablo told us would cure her.

But without warning...

"Okay, okay, I've had my fun. I can't believe you two convinced yourselves that little guy was me, that was great!"