Preparations

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

This sounds like it will be fun, but I can't just accept it outright. I can't have a repeat of that time I got totally fleeced by Baron Veryard in Blumund. I do have my rep as a Demon Lord and the ruler of Tempest to uphold.

"I will accept your proposal, although I do have a few conditions that I need you to agree to first," I say in a somewhat arrogant tone.

"Conditions?" Sullivan asks, sounding worried about what I might ask for.

"Yes. First, I want my personal expenses covered while I am staying here; that includes an allowance plus room and board. Second, I want full access to the school and all the knowledge it possesses. Third, I want permission to act freely, as long as I still fulfill my role. You have my word that I will not harm the school, staff, or students in the process, but I want to have a bit of fun while I am here. I don't want your staff interfering with my personal business. Fourth, since you are having me play the role of a student, I want to be able to opt out of any school-related activities if I feel like it." I outline my demands with a smile.

Sullivan pauses for a moment, deep in thought.

"Those conditions are acceptable. The first one was a given, and the other three don't seem too unreasonable. Do we have a deal then, Demon Lord Rimuru?" Sullivan asks, extending his hand to me.

"I believe we do." I agree, shaking Sullivan's hand with a smile on my face.

Sullivan suddenly changes back to his warm, friendly-looking-grandpa face and looks to me. His abrupt change in demeanor is a bit jarring, to be honest.

"Wonderful! I've always wanted a granddaughter!" Sullivan exclaims with excitement, his smile hidden behind his mustache.

"Wait, what!?" I question, completely dumfounded at the words that just came out of Sullivan's mouth.

What the hell is this old man talking about!?

[[*giggles*]]

This isn't funny, Ciel!

"Since you will be staying here at my mansion while in the Netherworld, it only makes sense to pretend you are my grandchild, just like Iruma. You can play the role of his twin sister!"

Seriously?!

"You understand I'm a guy, right?" I say, trying to clear up this confusion about my gender.

"What?"

"I'm not a woman, or a man technically, but I prefer to be considered the latter," I explain to him.

"But...I already have a grandson..." Sullivan whines with a pout on his face.

What's wrong with this guy!? One minute he's all serious and imposing and the next he's pouting like a little kid! I can't get a good read on him.

[[He is fairly similar to you, Master. You act casual and carefree most of the time but put on a serious face when the situation requires it.]]

Yeah, but this dude takes it to a whole other level...