This is Walpurgis?

Author's Note: Alright, dear readers, I need your opinion on something. If I were to drop down to uploading every other week, would that upset you? I feel like I could make longer chapters if I did, but I don't want to do it if people prefer more frequent, somewhat shorter chapters. I don't mind doing either so just let me know what you think, please.

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

I stare at the door, intimidated by how large and creepy it is. Rimuru doesn't seem at all concerned about it, unlike me. After gawking at the door for a moment, my attention is quickly snapped away from it by Rimuru saying something.

"Oh, one more thing before we go. Set your ring to its 'com' setting. So we can talk without talking." Rimuru says.

I nod and reach to my right hand to switch my ring's setting so that I can communicate with Rimuru.

{{Is it working Rimuru?}} I think to myself, just to make sure. I don't want to walk into Walpurgis without being able to communicate with her.

{{Yup. I can hear you loud and clear!}} Rimuru replies cheerfully, their voice appearing in my head.

Just a moment later, the strange, scary door swings open, causing a billow of purple-ish smoke to spill from the doorway. I'm hit with the same horrible sensation that I felt when Rimuru was trying to teach me magic sense, causing me to wince. Rimuru looks over at me, somewhat surprised before appearing to remember something.

"Oh yeah! The barrier...I almost forgot about the barrier."

Rimuru waves her hand and the sensation fades almost immediately.

"What was that?" I ask, still a little dazed from the experience.

"The other Demon Lords' magicules. All of us have loads of those, but the others don't hold them in as much as I do, so the room ends up flooded with them. I put a protective barrier around you that'll block them out along with protecting you some as a bonus."

I smile awkwardly, very nervous about what might lie behind the doorway. I watch as a figure steps out of the mist obscuring out view of the other side. It's a woman with blue hair (actually pretty close to the color of my own) dressed as a maid, but instead of the classic black, her dress is a deep red color.

She initially had a stoic, blank expression on her face, but when she noticed Rimuru, her lips tightened slightly and formed into a tiny smile. Her eyes also seemed to sparkle a little with excitement, but it was very subtle and only lasted a moment.

"This way, please. Lord Guy is waiting." She says.

She must work for that man Rimuru said was the 'de facto leader of the Demon Lords'.

The woman gestures behind her and turns around to show us the way. I notice another small smile sneak its way onto her lips as her face turns away from us.

We follow her through the doorway, passing through the ominous smoke and into a large circular room. There is a similarly shaped table in the center with 8 chairs around it, a few of them already occupied.