Alikred's Appearance

Author's Note: I did have something planned for April fool's day, but I ended up running out of time for it, so sorry about that. Also, sorry for this chapter being a bit short again.

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

The smoke creature retreats into my ring almost immediately and I breathe a sigh of relief.

The students who were walking toward me passed without saying anything, so they must not have seen the monster. Once they're far enough away to not see me doing what I'm about to do, I quickly look around and see a classroom door ajar and the inside is dark. I swing it open a little more, poke my head inside, and see that it is indeed empty. After slinking my way inside without anyone spotting me, I quietly shut the door and turn the light on.

This is a blatant breaking of school rules; I'm not supposed to use a classroom without permission, so I really hope nobody walks in and finds me in here. I also don't want them to see that smoke creature either; I don't even know how a random student or teacher would react if they saw that thing.

"Um...come out now if you can hear me..." I say hesitantly.

Almost immediately afterward, a plume of smoke emerges from the ring on my right middle finger and forms into the same creature again.

"Ah, yes, this is much better. Nice and secluded so we can properly get to know each other. My name is Alikred, and I am the incarnation of the Gluttonous Feeder ring you're wearing; that's what my mentor 'Miss C' told me I was." Alikred explains.

I wonder who this 'Missy' person is...

(AN: Yes, Iruma misheard Ali say 'Miss C')

"Ali-kred..." I struggle to pronounce his name a little.

"But you can just call me Ali, Iruma-boy."

"Y-you already know my name?!"

"Well, I have been keeping an eye on you for a while now, waiting for the right moment to appear and assist you. Since I am the incarnation of that Gluttonous Feeder Ring you're wearing, that makes you my master, but I get the feeling you wouldn't like me to call you that, would you?" Ali asks in an almost-teasing tone.

"N-no...no 'master' please. 'Iruma' is fine. S-so why exactly did you come out of my ring again? You're not hungry, are you? Like the first time?"

"The first time? Oh, you mean that time that Miss C mentioned. She said I caused you quite a bit of trouble, but I don't remember that clearly."

"Uh, yeah, you caused some of my classmates to faint."

"Well, sorry about that kiddo. I was ~so~ hungry at the time; that's all I can recall of that incident actually. My, how annoying it is to not be able to remember things properly. The first somewhat clear memory I have is that time I dragged you to that weirdo that you were looking for, but even that is a little foggy."