Iruma's Story & A Talk With Sullivan

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

"Let's start from the beginning, I guess," said Iruma.

I dug up some of my old 'teacher skills' and sat quietly and listened while the boy let all of his feelings and experiences pour out.

So, to summarize, this kid has suffered his entire life. His parents are lazy pieces of shit who made him do everything for them from a young age. For years, despite only being 14, he's been responsible for his family's income and housework. Barely even able to go to school, he didn't have any friends or social life. One day, while he was working on a fishing boat, time suddenly froze, and Sullivan scooped him up and dragged him here. Turns out, those bastards he calls his parents sold him! Thankfully, Sullivan didn't have any intention of hurting him and asked him if he could adopt him as his grandson. From constantly putting up with his parents' demands throughout his entire life, Iruma has been conditioned to agree to do pretty much anything anybody asks of him. The poor kid is a 'total pushover', in his own words. That's a good chunk of the reason he agreed to something as ridiculous as becoming the grandson of a demon who just bought him.

On top of all that, he's supposed to start school here in the Netherworld in a few days. The type of demons living here like to eat humans, apparently, although most demons think humans are a myth. Iruma will be putting himself in a very dangerous situation going to school here, surrounded by demons who might eat him if they find out what he is.

"So that's how I ended up here. Honestly, I don't know what I'm gonna do now. I'm scared." he says.

Honestly, I want to go to Japan, find his shit-for-brains parents, and give them each a good punch in the face! What kind of 'parents' treat their child like that!?

I couldn't help but sympathize with this poor kid. He's been put through so much! I'm starting to feel the same way I felt way back in the day about the goblins soon after I met them. Witnessing a vulnerable person in a difficult situation tugs at my heartstrings! At first, I thought he would be better off returning to Japan; I was honestly planning on offering to help him escape from here and go back home if he wanted. Now that I know his situation better though, I don't think that's a good option anymore. He might be better off staying with Sullivan instead of going back to his 'parents' if you can even call them that. I still feel hesitant leaving him here though, since this place is definitely not very 'human-friendly'.

Just as I'm about to respond to Iruma, I pick up on two people arguing downstairs, one of them being Diablo.

Oh, brother...what is he doing down there!?

[[The individuals Diablo and Sullivan appear to be arguing over something.]]

Yup, and I think I can imagine why they're arguing too. Probably for the same reason Diablo wanted me to come along with him today. I don't want to deal with this, but I have to do something. Diablo is my subordinate, after all, I can't have him acting out like this when we go places.

"Hey ki-...um, I mean Iruma, I need to go downstairs and, um, 'deal with something'. You should stay up here; things might get a bit...uh...'loud'." I say before instantly teleporting downstairs. I can't worry about hiding my abilities right now, time is of the essence (although I could manipulate that if I had to). Diablo going on a full-blown rampage is the last thing I want so I must diffuse this situation before that can happen.