A Sticky Situation

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

"Now I feel guilty..." I say dejectedly.

"Hey, you didn't know she would go to all that trouble! Cheer up!" Rimuru says cheerfully.

"After she spent all that time putting up 'First Love Memories' inspired decorations just for me, I went and joined a different battler...I'm so sorry Ameri..."

"Yeah, you could've picked a better one, that's for sure. Still, I don't think the Student Council would be a good fit for you anyways, no matter how much Ameri wants you to join. They seem pretty intense."

"If you say so..."

"Oh, hey! I almost forgot! Stay here for a minute, I'll be right back!" Rimuru says before running back into the room we just left.

Ameri POV

I can't believe Iruma went and joined a different battler! How could he!? All this preparation has gone to waste; or it would have at least, except for the fact that it made Iruma smile...I can't help but love that innocent smile of his. It warms my heart every time in a way nothing else does. Still, I would have loved to have him join the Student Council so I could spend more time with him. The time in-between our meeting always feels too long.

Now that the battler trial period is over, it's time to clean up. I begin tearing down the decorations along with the other members when I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey, Ameri. Can I talk to you for a sec?"

I turn around and it's Rimuru. Great, what could she want?

"What?" I ask bluntly.

"Hey, don't be like that! ~I have a present for you~!" She says playfully, probably just trying to piss me off.

What is she talking about!?

"Okay, what is it?"

"It needs to be given to you in private." Rimuru says, grinning mischievously.

Yeah, definitely trying to get under my skin. This girl knows how to be annoying just as much as intimidating. It's an unsettling skill-set, to say the least.

"President?" one of my members asks, sounding concerned.

"It's fine. I will be right back."

I exit the room with the strange girl and we enter a vacant room nearby.

"I have some information for you; It's related to the safety of Babyls." She explains, having abandoned the playful act from a moment ago.

"I am listening."

"Okay, but this doesn't leave this room. This is for Your. Ears. Only." Rimuru says in a serious tone carrying pressure behind it.

I nod my head. Despite not liking this girl at all, I can't turn down precious intel. From what Iruma told me, Rimuru isn't one to lie (at least in serious situations, she does enjoy pranks apparently). Through our chats, he's given me a better read on her, or at least his perception of her. She could be fooling him since he's so innocent and naïve, but she seems to truly care about him so I doubt that.