Back to Babyls

Rimuru POV

"How was your excursion with your classmates?" Opera asks us both as we walk toward the entrance to Sullivan's mansion.

It's been a couple of days since we returned to the Netherworld now, and tomorrow is the first day of the new term at Babyls. Between now and then, we spent our last bit of free time with our classmates on that promised trip from before.

"It was a lot of fun!" Iruma says with his usual beaming smile.

"You call that fun?!" I exasperatedly ask, wondering if we went on the same trip or not.

"You didn't have fun, Rimuru?" Iruma asks innocently.

"For the most part, no. You know what happened to me."

I shudder a little just thinking about it, for multiple reasons.

"Oh...Yeah..." Iruma nods in realization.

"What exactly did happen?" Opera asks again.

"We don't have the time to talk about it," I explain.

"But, Rimuru... we still have the whole evening, don't we?"

"Babyls is waiting, tomorrow is our first day back, we can't cover this right now."

( Author's Note: What are they talking about? An extra chapter, that's what! It's fun but filler-y cliche nonsense and I wanted to give you guys some real plot (since you kept asking for S3 content *cough cough*), soooo... if you want me to post it right away, you need to tell me~!

Here's a hint about what it is: Beach Chapter :D )

...

So now it's the next morning and we're walking down the long, winding road to Babyls.

Azz and Clara had shown up at the gates to the mansion, as usual, eager to see us again even though it was just yesterday that we all spent time together.

"What a lovely morning it is today, Master Iruma!" Azz exclaims with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah, yeah!" Clara cheers.

"Uh-huh! I'm happy to be going back to school!" Iruma beams as we walk along. He seems happy to be home in the Netherworld, and part of me feels the same.

"What have you two been doing most of your break, if I may ask?" Azz politely asks us both.

"Visiting family," I answer. It's technically not a lie, but definitely not the whole truth.

"Oh, and I did some training too!" Iruma adds.

"Training, you say? Very impressive, Master!"

Iruma and those two continue their small talk while we walk right up until we finally reach the school... just for us to get immediately mobbed by students.

"It's the heroes of Walter Park!"

"Let me see, let me see!"

Iruma audibly gulps as he looks at the crowd surrounding us.

Time to use that specialized barrier again, it seems.

With a snap, a half-sphere-shaped barrier with extra-bouncy quality forms around my little group, and just like the last time, a bunch of teenage demons are sent flying because they ran right at us.

"Hehe, that'll never get old." I snicker to myself.

"Thanks a lot, Rimuru, we'd be squished if it wasn't for you!" Iruma thanks me, wiping a bit of nervous sweat off his brow.