Covering for Kuromu

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

Immediately after the girl passes out, the blizzard raging inside the room comes to a halt. I spring forward and catch Keroli before she falls flat on her face onto the hard floor. Her face is now scarlet and covered in sweat and her breathing is labored. I can tell she has a fever and needs medical attention. I use some healing magic, to little effect.

Ciel, can you help her?

[[This condition is abnormal. Further analysis is needed but it is highly likely that it is curable.]]

"I-is she okay?!" Iruma asks frantically as he runs over to us. "Kuromu?...Kuromu?!"

"She's not gonna wake up any time soon, but I think she'll be okay," I say as I walk over to a nearby couch and lay the unconscious Keroli on it.

"Can't you do anything?! You're good with magic...can you fix her, somehow?!" Iruma asks, his voice full of desperation. He doesn't seem to understand why she's passed out and is panicking.

"I already tried healing magic, but it didn't do much. I'll have to try something else if I'm gonna help her." I explain calmly.

Suddenly the door bursts open, and a woman I assume is her manager rushes in. She must've heard Keroli's yelling or sensed the ice magic, tipping her off to something going down. She frantically looks around the room until her eyes lock on the passed-out girl.

"Kuromu!" she anxiously calls out to Keroli after seeing the state she's in. I back away from Keroli to let the woman approach her without me getting in the way. She runs up to her and places her hand on the girl's forehead. "She has a fever! Get ice and cold water, now!" she commands the staff member standing nearby who followed her inside.

"Now as for you! You two better not have done anything to her!" The woman says to us in a stern voice.

"We were just talking and she collapsed!" Iruma says nervously while the woman glares at him.

"I hate to point this out, Iruma, but you riled her up with what you said, which made her pass out," I say to the boy in a sympathetic tone.

"W-what?!" the boy asks, horrified by the realization that this is technically his fault. I know he didn't mean any harm, but he was responsible for Keroli losing it and fainting.

"She's very delicate and can't handle too much heat. If she gets too exhausted or emotional or uses too much ice magic...*sigh* and we've been so careful too..." the woman explains worriedly.

"I-I guess it m-might be my f-fault then..." Iruma says hesitantly, clearly not wanting to admit to us or himself that this is his fault.

[[Analysis complete. I have developed a technique that can solve this girl's condition.]]

Perfect! Thank's Ciel!

{{Don't worry Iruma, I'll fix this.}}

After receiving my message, to boy looks over at me expectantly and with a look of relief in his eyes. Despite making him take responsibility, I'm still gonna help him solve the resulting problem, for both his and Keroli's sake. I don't have anything against that girl, so I don't wanna leave her in this state. Hell...she sits next to me in class every day, so I know her personally. We're not exactly friends, but we get along well enough and I don't want her to suffer.