Henri's Headache

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

Just as I thought, he decided to show up, but...

"I was so worried about both of you! Don't scare your grandpa like that again!" Sullivan cries while hugging me and Iruma tightly. But, that's not the issue here; he's brought Ciel with him for some reason.

She's not even meeting my gaze, but still wearing a neutral expression. I can tell she's still upset about something, though.

After a few minutes of fussing over us, Sullivan finally calms down.

"I'll give you more details about what happened later, okay Gramps?" I suggest, aware that he'd want details. He's been told some of what happened already, but we still have a lot to talk about.

Ciel, I can tell you want to talk. Go up to the room I was assigned and I'll meet you up there shortly.

I doubt she wants to stick around all these people that might want to have small talk with her, so I send Ciel up to my room so we can talk in private. She's already grabbing a good amount of attention despite just getting here, eliciting whispers and comments from my classmates and the hotel's staff that I'm picking up on.

Yes, I know that Ciel and I could just discuss stuff internally, but I'm sure there's a reason she came here in person, so talking face-to-face might be what she wants.

Ciel seems satisfied with my suggestion because she nods and quickly takes it, removing herself from the scene.

I look over at my copies, all grouped together and conversing with each other for some reason. They seem to be talking about what they did during the incident, which is funny to me since I know it's pointless considering the fact I'm gonna absorb them all shortly.

But...taking back in that many at once...I don't think it'll be a fun experience for me.

Giving that a bit of thought is enough to convince me to procrastinate on that since I'm sure it'll be an overwhelming experience if I don't handle it smartly. It was bad enough when I removed my clone wearing red as punishment; the rush of memories wasn't terrible, though, but taking in the other five simultaneously is another story.

Well, I can let them hang around a while longer. Maybe I can reintegrate them while I'm asleep tonight, that might help.

Plus, one of them is still out on the field, the yellow-wearing one specifically, so waiting for them all to return first is the best choice, I think.

**Meanwhile**

Third Person POV

Clambering over rubble, eyes darting around to see if anyone has spotted them, a group of escaped prisoners flees the scene as three beasts rampage at Walter Park. Due to the destruction, there was an opening; an opportunity for freedom, and they took it without hesitation.

The fighting has stopped now, so they all know they don't have much time before people start looking for them, so hastily, they are all making their escape while trying to remain under the radar. Flying would immediately give away their positions, so trekking it on foot is the only option, as hard as that is to do with the currently-ravaged landscape of the park, completely devastated by the beasts.