𝐈

Karina was waiting for a sign in her lonely cabin near the woods. Glazing at the fireplace sharpened her weapons. Blades of knives, daggers, and swords. Her weapons of choice. Then her cell rings, and she stops for a moment. Taking all in as she could before she opened her cell and responded to a caller.

Within her first words, she begins. "Hello? This is she... I see... I understand. Where?... I'll look after them. It's my case."

She hangs up the call and begins to pack. Her weapons, her I.D.s, her bible, and last but not least, her mother's knife. She stood in front of her reflection in the mirror, braiding two parts of her long, brunette messy hair tied up into a ponytail. She hid her mother's knife in her hair to keep close or just in case.

She put her black leather jacket on and left her cabin. Not knowing that it will be the last time she'll step foot for a little while.

To her destination: Jericho, California.

***

After Dean sent his brother a silent warning about their father, he was determined to go after his missing father. While his little brother, Sam, disagreed with his unexpected visit. Winchesters went down the stairs, leaving Sam's girlfriend confused with the tension between the brothers.

"Come on, you can't just break in the middle of the night and expect me to hit the road with you."

"You're not hearing me, Sammy. Dad's missing. I need you to help me find him."

Sam points out to his brother, Dean, with examples, thinking that it's a false alarm. "You remember the poltergeist in Amherst or the devil's gates in Clifton? He was missing then too. He's always missing, and he's always fine."

Dean turns to Sam, "Not for this long. Now, are you gonna come with me or not?"

"I'm not."

"Why not?"

"I swore I was done hunting for good."

"Come on, it wasn't that easy, but it wasn't that bad."

Dean left to the front door, heading his way to his Impala until Sam stopped him again for another example. "Yeah? When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me .45."

"What was he supposed to do?"

"I was 9 years old. He was supposed to say "don't be afraid of the dark.'"

"Don't be afraid of the dark? Are you kidding me? You're supposed to be afraid of the dark, you know what's out there."

"Still-- the way we grew up after Mom was killed and Dad's obsession to find the thing that killed her, but we still haven't found the damn thing. So we kill everything we can find."

"Save a lot of people doing it, too."

Sam scoffed, "You think Mom would've wanted this for us?" Dean left him waiting, and Sam followed Dean to his car. "The weapon training and melting the silver into bullets? Man, Dean, we were raised like warriors."

"So, what are you gonna do? Are you just gonna live some normal, apple-pie life? Is that it?"

Dean turns to Sam as he answers his question, "No, not normal. Safe."

"And that's why you ran away."

"I was just going to college. It was Dad who said if I was gonna go, I should stay gone and that's what I'm doing."

"Dad's in real trouble right now if he's not dead already. I can feel it. I can't do this alone."

"Yes, you can."