𝐗𝐈

On the way over to the case, Dean found something really unexpected and not surprising. There was a missing bullet from the Colt. Dean and Karina were waiting for Sam to give them notice, but of course, he was quiet on the way over. Dean took a short look at Karina in the rearview mirror, she nodded at him.

"So, we've been waiting since Maple Springs. You got something to tell us?"

Sam was playing dumb, "Is it not any of you guys' birthday?"

"No."

"Happy Purim? Dude, I don't know. I don't know what you're talking about-"

"There's a bullet missing from the Colt. You want to tell us how that happened?'

Sam slightly shook his head as he looked at the window. Dean continued, "I know it wasn't me. Obviously, Kay wouldn't touch an inch on that. So unless you were shooting at some incredibly evil cans..."

"Dean..."

"You went after her, didn't you? The Crossroad Demon. After I told you not to."

"Yeah, well..."

Karina shook her head, and couldn't believe what she was hearing. She leaned up against the front seat, and looked at him. She shouted at him in worry, "Sam Winchester, you could've got yourself killed!"

He looked at her, "I didn't."

"You shot her!"

"She was a smartass."

Dean and Karina looked out of the front window. Until Dean suggested one little curiosity.

"So, what? Does that mean I'm out of my deal?"

"Don't you think I might have mentioned that little fact, Dean? Someone else holds the contract."

"Who?"

"She wouldn't say."

Karina nodded, pursing her lips. She sarcastically exclaimed her words. "Alright!! Our next case we should find out who holds Dean's soul before he goes to Hell which timing goes by quickly. We should check out with the bitch who handled Crossroads... Wait a minute, I forgot...."

"That's not funny."

She turned her head at Sam and yelled at him in anger. "No, it is not!! I don't care if I'm going to Hell, but I'm more concerned about you going to die at the last minute. It was a stupid, idiotic move, Sam Winchester!! You shouldn't have done it."

Sam repeated, "I shouldn't have done it?'

"Karina, you're my partner, I'd rather be dead than you going to Hell."

"Dean, you're my brother. And no matter what you do, I'm gonna try and save you. Both of you! And I'm sure as hell as not gonna apologize for it, alright?"

Karina rubbed her face in exhaustion and returned back to her seat. Dean was looking out the window. Sam turned his face from them. The whole night was silent.

***

The next morning, the trio was dressed up as the detectives. Karina had her blazer and pencil skirt, she let all of her wavy hair down on her shoulders. She couldn't help but think about what Sam told her. She understands how he's dealing, but the last thing she ever wants is to lose him.

Again.

Gertrude Case was an aunt of the victim who was mysteriously drowned in the shower. She was a rich, mid-70s woman, and a very elegant toned woman. She was holding a picture frame of her niece and looked up confused.