𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

"She was so scared. I couldn't help. I couldn't do anything to stop it." Huntress and the Winchesters resumed their process after Christmas. Dean was questioning the husband whose wife died in a gruesome death. Sam and Karina were together at the crime scene in their detective clothing, looking for clues that might lead to the case. Mr. Dutton continued his story, "I've talked to the police, and I've talked to the medical examiner and no one can explain it."

"Well  that's why they put the call to us, Mr. Dutton," said Dean, writing his notepad.

Meanwhile, Sam and Karina spread in the room, looking through things while the Dean was questioning the husband when the door was shut. When Sam went through the cabinet, Karina lowered herself down to the floor. She opened the cabinet underneath the bathroom sink, she found something familiar. The hex bag on the pipe.

She grabbed the hex bag and raised herself up and whispered his name. Sam turned to Karina to see what she was holding, he tilted his head and shared the same look. Groaned. They put everything back as Karina put the hex in her suit jacket. Sam opened the door for Karina, he let her be while he was standing behind her.

"What? No... No, there's no one that could have..." Mr. Dutton paused as he thought of something clear while Dean caught the look on his face.

"Mr. Dutton?"

The husband looked back at Dean and shook his head, "Everyone loved Janet."

Dean shared a look with Sam and Karina, and they both gave Dean a signal. He started to clean up the investigation, "Okay, thank you very much. I think we've got everything we need. We'll get out of your way now." They all exited the house to speak together.

Dean turned to Sam and Karina, walking down the porch steps. "That dude seems a little evasive to you guys?"

"How do we know? Sam was checking Tampax when I was under the sink when I found this." Karina pulled the hex bag out of her pocket, she set it on Dean's hand. "Hex bag."

Dean groaned in disgust as he opened the bag, "Ohh, gross."

Sam nodded, "Yeah, there are bird bones, rabbit's teeth. This cloth is probably cut from something Janet Dutton owned."

"So we're thinking witch?"

Dean returned the bag to Karina as they all continued walking to the car. "Duh... this is not a witch coming from Sabrina, this is something from old-world black magic like Hocus Pocus."

They entered the car, sitting on their usual seats. Dean was drowning looking at the steering wheel, then he turned to Sam and Karina. "I hate witches." Sam and Karina chuckled, and he continued, "They're always spewing their bodily fluids everywhere."

Sam commented, "Pretty much."

"It's creepy. It's downright unsanitary."

"Yeah, well someone definitely had it out for Janet Dutton."

"Yeah, someone who snuck into that house and planted the bag. So what are we thinking, we're looking for some old craggy Blair bitch in the woods."

Karina shook her head, looking at Dean from the back seat. "That's another thing, Dean Winchester, they're humans like us. It could be a neighbor, coworker, man, or woman."

"Great, how do we find them?"

Sam answered, "That wasn't random. Someone in Janet Dutton's life had an ugly ax to grind. We find the motive-"

"We find the murderer."

"Exactly."

Karina smiled at Dean as she tossed the bag at the front seat between Sam and Dean. Dean turned back to the wheel and turned on the ignition. Drove the Impala, heading toward the case.