𝐗𝐋

Night falls. There lies Sam Winchester and Jessica Moore sleeping on the bed. Suddenly, there was a noise downstairs that woke Sam, alerted. He got up from the bed, not waking his fiancee. He grabbed a bat near the door and walked down the stairs quietly as the moon shadowed behind.

His back was against the wall, armed up with a bat in his hands. Noise was still echoing in his ears. Take a peek. Someone was ruffling through the cabinet. He backed up one time before he started swinging the bag, attacking the intruder.

Without looking back, the intruder avoided the swing quickly, then pushed Sam down on the floor. Revealing Dean Winchester, smirking at helpless Sam who can't even attack him.

"That was so easy, I'm embarrassed for you."

"Dean?" He pulled him to stand on the floor. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I was looking for a beer." He patted Sam's shoulder.

"In the china cabinet?" Sam walked across the room, turning on the light. He looked down, seeing the collection of silverware on the floor. Opened. Furious, "That's Mom's silver."

"Sam."

He walked over to Dean. "What, you... broke into the house... to steal Mom's silver??"

Dean pulled his hands up, understanding him. "It's not what it looks like, okay? I didn't have a choice."

"Oh, really? Why? What's so damn important you got to steal from your own mother?"

"You want the truth?"

He nodded, "Yeah. Yeah, I do."

He shrugged as he lied to this Sam, protecting him. "I owe somebody money."

Sam sighed, shaking his head at this behavior. "Who?"

"A bookie. I lost big in a game, I got to bring him the cash tonight."

Sam was shaking his head in disbelief. "I can't believe we're even related."

"Sam, I'm sorry."

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry we don't get along... and I wish to hell I could stay and fix it... but I got to do this. People's lives depend on it, especially our dear friend."

Dean turned around, grabbing the silver knife. Sam looked at his brother confused. "What are you talking about, Dean?"

Dean took a quick glance at Sam, then he looked down. "Nothing, forget it. Just.. hey, tell Mom I love her." Sam frowned at Dean, knowing that something was wrong. Dean passed by Sam, heading to the front door. Sam stopped him by calling out his name. He turned around, looking at this particular Sam one last time. "I'll see you, Sammy..." He left the house, leaving Sam.

Outside in the night sky, Dean was looking at the house. One last time. Thinking about his wish he had experience. He had everything he could never possibly want. What was left was Karina. How his memories of her can affect him. He finally understood the true meaning of the friendship he shared with Karina. Especially when he wanted to kick her out at the first meeting.

Suddenly, a passenger door opened. Entering Sam Winchester with a sports jacket.

"Get out of the car."

"I'm going with you."

"You're just gonna slow me down."

Sam faced him, "Tough."

"This is dangerous and you could get hurt."

"Yeah, and so could you, Dean."

Dean began to get irritated. "Sam--"