𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

The next morning, Dean got a call from Sam. It was an emergency. Lori's father was attacked. Karina and Dean were on their way to the hospital where Sam was, comforting Lori and being questioned by the police. As they both walked down the hall, they were stopped by the police and they all saw Sam.

Dean pointed out by the police that Sam is his brother, and Karina is a cousin of theirs.

The sheriff who was talking to Sam let them through while Dean gave a glance at the scenery between him and the police who stopped him. Sam walked toward the duo, and Karina checked on Sam. "You're okay?"

"Yeah."

They all walked together side by side and talked lower. Dean asked Sam, "What the hell happened?"

"The Hookman."

Karina and Dean shared a confused look at each other and looked at Sam. "You saw him?"

"Damn right." Sam stopped them, and asked, "Why didn't you guys torch his bones?"

"What are you talking about? Karina and I did. Are you sure it's the spirit of Jacob Karns?"

"Sure as hell looked like him, and that's not all. I don't think the spirit is latching onto the reverend."

Karina scoffed, "Ya think? It's not like him to send the Hookman to attack himself. Don't you think it's something to do with Lori?"

Sam nodded, "Karina, I think you were right. Last night, she found out that her father was having an affair with a married woman."

Karina smiled a little, "I'm sorry... the irony of this. A man of religion, wow."

Dean ignored her comment and focused on Sam, "So what?"

Sam replied, "So, she's upset about it. She's upset about the immortality of it. She was raised to believe that if you do something wrong, you get punished."

Dean repeated himself, "Okay, so she's conflicted, and the spirit of Preacher Karns is latching onto her emotions and maybe he's doing the punishing for her, huh?"

"Right, like Karina said. Rich comes on too strong. Taylor tries to make her into a party girl. Now, Dad has an affair."

Dean nodded with understanding, "Remind me not to piss this girl off." A doctor walked by them and he turned to Sam and whispered, "But we burned those bones. Karina buried them in salt, why didn't that stop him?"

Sam shook his head, "You must've missed something."

"No, we burned everything in that coffin."

Karina thought things over from what she saw last night, and the realization dawned on her. "Did we burn the hook? Did you see it, Dean?"

"The hook?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I speaking another language? Yes, the hook. It's a murder weapon of his. It's a part of him, remember?"

Dean explained from his mind, "So, like the bones, the hook is a source of his power."

"So if we find the hook..." Sam droned out.

All of the trio in unison, finished the thought, "We stop the Hookman." They all smiled at each other. Now they're the same team, at last. Speaking of unison.

***

Now back at the library, the team began their research. Karina sat between the boys, rereading the record to see if she found anything. Dean pointed them out, "Here's something, I think. Logbook, Iowa State Penitentiary. "Karns, Jacob. Personal affects disposition thereof.'"