𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

In the morning, the dynamic trio together again at the gas station. Sam was looking at the map, laid out on the top of the car. Dean was on his phone, listening to the voicemail from a friend he knew. Karina came out of the gas station, carrying their treats, and herself a coke. She handed Dean some chips he asked her to get, while she gave Sam some apples and carrots. Or as she called his diet-wabbit diet.

"Here you go."

"Thanks."

She opened her bottle of coke before she took her sip. She investigated what Sam was looking at. "So, find a shortcut?"

"Yeah, I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought."

Dean hung up on the phone and walked around the car. "Yeah, the problem is we're not going to Pennsylvania."

Sam and Karina looked at Dean, confused. Sam asked, "Wait--what?"

"I just got a call from an old friend. Her father was killed last night. She thinks it might be our kind of thing."

"What?"

Dean opened his door, "She never would've called, never, if she didn't need us."

Dean gets in the car, leaving Sam and Karina to look at each other. Curiosity. Dean reminded them to come in eager, then they both did.

While Dean was driving his way to Pennsylvania, Dean explained what happened with Cassie's father. He was in a car accident last night. After Dean's explanation, Karina couldn't help but lean over to ask Dean. "So what you meant by "old friend", you mean..."

"A friend that is not new."

Karina scoffed, "Helpful, Dean. Way to clear it up."

Sam asked, "So, her name's Cassie, huh? You never mentioned her."

"Didn't I?"

"No."

"Yeah, we went out."

Sam and Karina were surprised. That player, ladies man Dean, actually went out with a person. "You mean you dated someone? For more than one night?"

Dean looked at Sam, and then to Karina who was smirking at him. "Am I speaking a language you're not getting here?"

Karina shook her head as she was still smirking, "No! No! I think what Sam means, correct me if I'm wrong. That you as Dean Winchester didn't do a one-night stand with this girl, which surprised us." Sam nodded to the fact she was right, and Dean rolled his eyes.

Karina asked, "So how did you and Cassie meet?"

Dean answered, "My Dad and I were working a job in Athens, Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a couple of weeks."

"And?"

Dean shrugged slightly, and Sam inferred, "Look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which, by the way, how does she know what we do?"

Dean went silent and Karina read his face as well as Sam's.

Sam's eyes went wide open, "You told her. You told her the secret. Our big family rule number one--we do what we do. We shut up about it. For a year and a half, I did nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a couple of times and you tell her everything? Dean!!"

"Yeah, look like."

Karina raised her eyebrows and muttered one word, wow. She leaned back on her seat, while Sam shook his head and eyes on the road. On the way to Pennsylvania on a long ride, it was silent between the brothers. Including the Huntress.