𝐗𝐈𝐈

After Dean informed Sam and Karina that Jo had disappeared, he was in a panic, but Sam and Karina both remained calm. Already knowing that they will find Jo. Dean entered the apartment, already freaking out. Sam spoke to his brother as he was still calm as examined the research one more time. "Look, we've just gotta take a beat and think about this. Maybe we got Holmes' M.O. wrong."

"Yeah, well, we'd better friggin' think fast."

Karina looked at Dean with softer eyes and tone, "Dean, we will find her, okay?"

Dean looked closely at Karina, trying to see any sort of humanity in her eyes. He saw nothing, just hollow. His phone began ringing as he paced around the room and Karina stood over Sam as he sat down on a chair, rereading the research. "Hello?"

It was Ellen on the phone, calling Dean again. This time her tone was of frustration, "You lied to me. She's there."

Dean turned to Sam and Karina, "Ellen." Sam cocked his head as Karina rubbed her face at him.

"Ash told me everything. Man's a genius, but he folds like a cheap suit. Now you put my damn daughter on the phone."

"She's gonna have to call you back. She's taking care of... feminine business." Karina's eyes widened as she heard the worst excuse from Dean Winchester. She looked at Sam who slightly shook at her.

"Yeah, right. Where is she? ... WHERE IS SHE?!"

"Look, we'll get her back."

"Get her back? Back from what?"

"The spirit we're hunting-- it took her."

"Oh my god."

"She'll be okay. I promise."

"You promise? That is not the first time I've heard from a Winchester."

Dean was taken back from what he was hearing, "What?"

"If anything happens to her--"

"It won't. I won't let it. Ellen, I'm sorry, I really am."

"I'm taking the first flight out. I'll be there in a few hours." She slammed the receiver down.

Dean returned back to Sam and Karina, "Damn it!!"

"Don't beat yourself up, Dean. There's nothing you could have done."

Dean ignored Sam's saying as he looked down at him. "Tell me you've got something."

"Um, maybe. Look. If you look at the layout of the Holmes Murder Castle, there's all the torture chambers inside the walls, right?"

Karina nodded, "Right."

"But there's one we haven't considered yet-- the one in this basement."

Dean pointed out, "This building doesn't have a basement."

"You're right. It doesn't. But I noticed this-- beneath the foundation, it looks like part of an old sewer system. It hasn't been used for--"

"Let's go."

Dean grabbed his jacket as he marched out of the apartment. Sam and Karina looked after Dean as they both shrugged their shoulders at each other as they both followed Dean.

***

The next morning as the daylight was still out, the trio was walking down the streets of the location where Murder Castle was. Sam was holding the metal detector with his good arm as Dean and Karina carried the supplies: a shovel and a duffle bag. While then, the detector was traced under the metal of an open field as the trio was following the trace of the sound.